Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

penalty points in waterford

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

10 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

There's so many loopholes any half de ent brief could get you off if you think you were wronged, stopped at lights isn't driving most definitely...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

There's so many loopholes any half de ent brief could get you off if you think you were wronged, stopped at lights isn't driving most definitely...

Sitting behind the wheel on a public road while the car is running certainly is driving regardless of being stopped in traffic or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Sitting behind the wheel on a public road while the car is running certainly is driving regardless of being stopped in traffic or not.

Yup. The person is still in control of the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

did not say i did not deserve them i said i was mad at the fine. was mad at myself for been so stupid. Maybe u should not jump to conclusions

It was your wording, "stupid bike cop" - that, to me, would lead me to believe that you were blaming the Garda for the points, not yourself. My apologies if there were crossed wires.

As for "driving", it does not specifically mean the car is moving, it means when you are in control of a "mechanically propelled vehicle". Stopped in traffic is driving. If you were stopped in traffic and weren't driving, you'd be causing an obstruction.

People would want to understand the law before making assumptions about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement