Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting upgraded

Options
  • 21-07-2011 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey

A few weeks back we got a letter in from Eircom telling us our 3mb broadband was going to be upgraded to 8mb NGB

We've now been upgraded for about a week or so and the other day we got another letter in to tell us our 7mb broadband would be upgraded to 24mb NGB

:confused:

Will be fantastic if we are moved to 24mb at no extra cost but telling us our connection is 7mb doesn't make much sense

So is there any chance it could be checked if we are being moved and any idea how long it should take? :pac:

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I got a letter today saying that I would be upgraded to 8Mb Next Generation Broadband from my "current" "up to 7Mb Home Advanced" product.

I'm not on 7Mb and we checked relatively recently and the line couldn't support NGB.....well actually, eircom offered it to me and I told them that the line wouldn't support it.

Has something changed ?

And why does the letter say that I am on "up to 7Mb" when I - to my knowledge - am on an "up to 3MB" which barely reaches 2Mb at best (currently 1736Kb) ?

And if the line can't support it, do I get a reduction due to the fact that eircom aren't providing what they say they will ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    I got a letter today saying that I would be upgraded to 8Mb Next Generation Broadband from my "current" "up to 7Mb Home Advanced" product.

I'm not on 7Mb and we checked relatively recently and the line couldn't support NGB.....well actually, eircom offered it to me and I told them that the line wouldn't support it.

Has something changed ?

And why does the letter say that I am on "up to 7Mb" when I - to my knowledge - am on an "up to 3MB" which barely reaches 2Mb at best (currently 1736Kb) ?

And if the line can't support it, do I get a reduction due to the fact that eircom aren't providing what they say they will ?

Hi Liam,

I hope the PMs cleared up the issue.

Thanks, Mark

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Hey

A few weeks back we got a letter in from Eircom telling us our 3mb broadband was going to be upgraded to 8mb NGB

We've now been upgraded for about a week or so and the other day we got another letter in to tell us our 7mb broadband would be upgraded to 24mb NGB

:confused:

Will be fantastic if we are moved to 24mb at no extra cost but telling us our connection is 7mb doesn't make much sense

So is there any chance it could be checked if we are being moved and any idea how long it should take? :pac:

Thanks

Hi Am I Evil?

Can you Pm your tel no: and I will look into that for you,

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Hi Liam,

I hope the PMs cleared up the issue.

Thanks, Mark

That they did - thanks Mark.

Given my natural "ooh goody - oh bummer" reaction to the non-availability of the new speeeds, might I suggest that eircom avoid sending these letters out to "amber line" customers ?

Just a suggestion.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    That they did - thanks Mark.

Given my natural "ooh goody - oh bummer" reaction to the non-availability of the new speeeds, might I suggest that eircom avoid sending these letters out to "amber line" customers ?

Just a suggestion.

Hi Liam,

The letters have to be sent out to all customers who are under a NGB enabled exchange as customers are automatically migrated over.

However I appreciate your point it should be more specific regarding any possible limitations apart from stating "up to 8MB".

I will definatly pass on your feedback.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement