Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Near perfect 50m circle in field near Minane Bridge

Options
  • 21-07-2011 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Was looking for Roberts Cove on google maps and spotted this circle (hard not to spot).

Any ideas what it is? Looks to be about 50m in diameter. Would it be a meteor creator?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Was looking for Roberts Cove on google maps and spotted this circle (hard not to spot).

Any ideas what it is? Looks to be about 50m in diameter. Would it be a meteor creator?

More like a ring fort or fairy fort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

-Corkie- wrote: »
    More like a ring fort or fairy fort.

Yip

If you zoom in you can see it is a fairy fort

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The fact that it is not planted like the rest of the field would lead one to belive that it's a fairy fort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Yes, Fairy Fort, must take a look next time im around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

How do you know it's a Fairy Fort by zooming in???

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't think they can, they're just being presumptuous. I thought the same thing, so I'm going to go one step further than that person and use the word "fact" in my post, in the required fashion for someone trying to look knowledgeable. FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tauruz_ie

Its a ring fort I can see it from my sitting room window :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

tauruz_ie wrote: »
    Its a ring fort I can see it from my sitting room window :D

Any chance you can take a picture of it?

(BTW: you live is a lovely part of the world!)

Advertisement