Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing baby in back of car?

Options
  • 21-07-2011 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope some of you may have come up with a solution to this problem.

Baby is currently 4 days overdue but we will have him soon. We were looking for one of the mirrors you can get so you can see baby when he is in the rear-facing car seat.

But my car doesn't have headrests to attach the mirror to. We were looking at the sunshine kids round one which seemed the best but can't think of any way of attaching it.

I have seen the ones with the suction things - are these any good? Worried that the suction might not be reliable and will inevitably fall off on top of the baby.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We have the one that attaches to headrests but I'm pretty sure I saw one in Tesco yesterday that attached with sucker to the back window. It just caught my eye because it looked different so might be worth looking there if you have one nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I got one in Boots that is suckered to the back window, it looks like a small rearview mirror and does the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

we got one in a shop here in cork that was a large size mirror inbedded in a dog teddy, the back of it had a heavy bean bag type thing attached that kept it on the headrest-less back seat it also had velcro straps (that usually tie around the headrest) that i was able to stick to the seat to keep it in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

We got one in boots that had double sided sticky tape where the suction pad would be. So far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

sillysocks wrote: »
    We have the one that attaches to headrests but I'm pretty sure I saw one in Tesco yesterday that attached with sucker to the back window. It just caught my eye because it looked different so might be worth looking there if you have one nearby.

I tried 3 of these, 2 replacements. The suction wore off the 1st one and it fell on to the parcel shelf, I wet the suction part and stuck it back up again and the next time it fell down, it fell to the the baby's legs.

I wasn't happy, but the last 1 I had when it fell, the glass mirror broke an I found it in 2 pieces in the back seat foot well. I reported it to Tesco customer services and the company them selves.

I might try one from Boots.

They really are essential when you are in the car on your own with baby as you are so tempted to turn around to see them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Thanks for all the replies - I'll try and hunt down one of the ones that Hoodwinked described - if that fails a suction one will have to do but I am reluctant to try that first as find those sorts of things inevitably fall off anyway.

I don't really want to leave any sticky marks on the rear window either so don't want to try using sticky tape or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

we bought in tony kealys in cork but i think they are in Dublin too, they had different animals....

it was this one...

http://www.tonykealys.com/luca-mirror.html

its attached to the headrest in the pics but you can see the two straps in the picture they connect with velcro so in my case they stuck to the seat itself and you can't see it but the bean bag holder is there at the back too....they should let you see one instore.

Advertisement