Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork Bikers beware

• 21-07-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I just encountered an insane van driver on the way home, he came out of the petrol station at Ballyvolane at about six-twenty without indicating into the lane I was riding along in. I barely managed to stop in time and avoid splattering myself into the back left corner of his big white van. I managed to get a word with him at a red light and he went absolutely bat**** insane at me. He then kept following me, keeping at my back wheel till we were on the South Link road where he over took me half in my lane and half on the hard shoulder. I didn't want to mess with him from then on and exited up the Mahon slip road.

Some people...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Some characters up in that petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

feck thats scary, what an idiot!

glad your ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Report them if you got the reg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sounds like a moron. Glad youre okay. I dont live too far there so I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the tip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Some people are just idiots. I had a guy in a van pull out on me a couple of months back. Like you I got talking to him at the lights, fucker was f-ing and blinding at me (it was my fault he tried to kill me:confused:).

Knocked the pricks mirror off anyways:cool:. Got outta there pretty quick after that! Hadn't meant to hit it that hard:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,433 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've come to the conclusion it's a waste of time giving out to these sort of drivers who don't have two brain cells to rub together, nothing is ever their fault in their little world and you aren't going to give them a new insight into their driving style. So I just blast the f**k out of them with twin air horns...

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

I've got an air horn on my motorbikes, but I think with whackos taking the reg number and making a report if a blast of the horn doesn't work, and generally leaving them alone, is wisest. Some people are disturbed, weird, or really, really tired, and are not worth the slightest bit of energy beyond a report later and a blast of the horn.

Advertisement