Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB Duleek

Options
  • 21-07-2011 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if there is any news yet on when NGB is going to be rolled out here?
    It says APRIL-JUNE on ngb.ie but still no sign of anything being upgraded here.

We just signed upto eircom last week it was a discount deal by a door to door sales man i still have the package option forum here and all.

-1Mb Broadband with eircom talktime chatter €22 for the first 6 months €42 after that.

We were pre-sold NGB so when it goes live we automatically migrated

to my horror tough i noticed that the NGB package which is discounted at €20 for the first 6 months has a 10GB limit which is way to little usage for our usage

we would prefer to go on the ''upto'' 8Mb with eircom talktime chatter and Unlimited allowance for €24.98 a month would it be possible that we are able to be put on this plan instead which is called ''NGB regular with eircom talktime chatter''

I can't find any mention of the above plans on the Eircom website tough it only seems to be on the packages that are being sold by door to door sales people.!!

If you could help with these few questions that would be great.:cool:

Thanks
    Jay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RapidPunch

Got a PM reply on the 27th of June about NGB in Duleek from Eircom Tony saying that its on track, looking at next few weeks. Its July 21st now and no letter from Eircom.
    Hopefully an Eircom rep will reply to your post with a more specific date. There is 10+ exchanges on the NGB.ie map that are still listed as April-June. I wonder how bad the delay has gotten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

RapidPunch wrote: »
    . There is 10+ exchanges on the NGB.ie map that are still listed as April-June. I wonder how bad the delay has gotten.

There are near 30 exchanges nationwide that were promised generation 1 ADSL by June 2009 and still don't have live dates....be thankful you have any form of broadband and remember they never said which year. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

RapidPunch wrote: »
    Got a PM reply on the 27th of June about NGB in Duleek from Eircom Tony saying that its on track, looking at next few weeks. Its July 21st now and no letter from Eircom.
    Hopefully an Eircom rep will reply to your post with a more specific date. There is 10+ exchanges on the NGB.ie map that are still listed as April-June. I wonder how bad the delay has gotten.

Am hoping that they can give a more solid timeframe of when NGB is going live in Duleek,signed upto their 1Mb package because we knew that NGB was coming to the area in the coming weeks to be honest using a 1Mb connection is annoying its a tad bit too slow for me so am hoping they havn't abandoned their plans for NGB around here!
    The rep we were talking too said that their was delays but it will be here in a few weeks:rolleyes:

I know Sponge Bob we are lucky to be even able to get a broadband connection i know a few relitives in Naul north Dublin who have been stuck on dial up because the exchange hasn't been enabled for broadband they were promised that by 2009 it would be enabled but never happened and their dial up is getting worse and worse barely is even usable anymore!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jay93 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if there is any news yet on when NGB is going to be rolled out here?
    It says APRIL-JUNE on ngb.ie but still no sign of anything being upgraded here.

We just signed upto eircom last week it was a discount deal by a door to door sales man i still have the package option forum here and all.

-1Mb Broadband with eircom talktime chatter €22 for the first 6 months €42 after that.

We were pre-sold NGB so when it goes live we automatically migrated

to my horror tough i noticed that the NGB package which is discounted at €20 for the first 6 months has a 10GB limit which is way to little usage for our usage

we would prefer to go on the ''upto'' 8Mb with eircom talktime chatter and Unlimited allowance for €24.98 a month would it be possible that we are able to be put on this plan instead which is called ''NGB regular with eircom talktime chatter''

I can't find any mention of the above plans on the Eircom website tough it only seems to be on the packages that are being sold by door to door sales people.!!

If you could help with these few questions that would be great.:cool:

Thanks
    Jay

Hi jay93,

We are hopeful that the Duleek exchange in Meath will be NGB enabled in 4-6 weeks. However we will be given exact dates just prior to the exchanges being NGB enabled. So we will post when we have any definitive dates.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for the info mark.if I don't hear anything about the upgrade in the next 4-6weeks ill bump this thread..
    Also is the download cap enforced on non NGB packages?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Thanks for the info mark.if I don't hear anything about the upgrade in the next 4-6weeks ill bump this thread..
    Also is the download cap enforced on non NGB packages?

Hi Jay93
    at the moment we are not charging for exceeding download allowance on Non- NGB packages, so answer to that is no.:)
    Tony

Hi Jay93
    at the moment we are not charging for exceeding download allowance on Non- NGB packages, so answer to that is no.:)
    Tony

Thats great thanks tony :)
    Just noticed i've used 11GB out of our 10GB usage already :eek: its very easy to do now with youtube and flash sites:P

Thats great thanks tony :)
    Just noticed i've used 11GB out of our 10GB usage already :eek: its very easy to do now with youtube and flash sites:P

Yes, that is the main reason charge not applied at moment. Download requirment has changed so much in last two years.
    Tony

Thanks for the reply tony :)
    That's very true broadband requirement has gone up alot in the last couple of years the internet is becoming alot more data intensive!

Do Eircom have any plans to increase the download cap on the Brodaband basic package : 1Mb and 10GB download upto maybe 30GB this would be very suitable for todays internet needs 10GB does tend to run out very quick even tough customers don't get charged for exceeding these limits (very kind of Eircom i must say):P it still would be nice to see a slight increase in the download allowance on the 1Mb broadband.

We paid our first bill yesterday afternoon but when logging into myeircom online it still says we owe the ammount does it take a day or so to show up as paid on our online account.?

• Advertisement

We paid our first bill yesterday afternoon but when logging into myeircom online it still says we owe the ammount does it take a day or so to show up as paid on our online account.?

Yes jay93 but should show up within 24 hours normally. If not let me know.
    I know that the download allowance issue is being examined, accross the board, so would hope that an increase could be made here. We will post / make available any change to download as soon as we know more.
    Tony

Yes jay93 but should show up within 24 hours normally. If not let me know.
    I know that the download allowance issue is being examined, accross the board, so would hope that an increase could be made here. We will post / make available any change to download as soon as we know more.
    Tony

Thanks tony thats good to know that the download allowances are being examined i've noticed most other proivders offer at minimum 40GB a month i would never exceed this ammount every month 10GB is a differant story tough this is very easy to use in less than 2weeks:P

We paid the bill through the post office on thursday still showing that its unpaid this can take 5 working days tough to go through so if it still shows that we owe the ammount on thursday ill PM you our TEL number to check into it.:)

Thanks tony thats good to know that the download allowances are being examined i've noticed most other proivders offer at minimum 40GB a month i would never exceed this ammount every month 10GB is a differant story tough this is very easy to use in less than 2weeks:P

We paid the bill through the post office on thursday still showing that its unpaid this can take 5 working days tough to go through so if it still shows that we owe the ammount on thursday ill PM you our TEL number to check into it.:)

Did not receive your PM yet jay93
    Tony

Did not receive your PM yet jay93
    Tony

Hi Tony.
    Just to update our bill is now showing as paid on our online eircom account so didn't need to send PM sorry for the late reply.

Thanks.!

Hi Tony.
    Just to update our bill is now showing as paid on our online eircom account so didn't need to send PM sorry for the late reply.

Thanks.!

Ok jay93
    no problem, thanks for letting me know.
    Tony

Any updates on when this area will get NGB it was supposed to be enabled 2-3 months ago!:cool:

Any updates on when this area will get NGB it was supposed to be enabled 2-3 months ago!:cool:
    Hi jay93
    yes correct, there are some delays, migration definitely going through soon and am chasing for approx date now. Hope to be back to you soon.
    Tony

Thanks Tony let me know if you find an approx date for this :)
    Hopefully its not to far in the future would like to have NGB here :D

We have just been charged €77 this month by Eircom what the **** is this all about ?

We are paying €22 a month for the first 6 months then €42 after the 6 months for eircom 1Mb!!! no way does 1Mb internet cost €77 a month and we wont be paying this we agreed to €22 a month and thats what eircom will get!

This is a joke to be honest even your highest package broadband isn't even €77 a month why have we been charged so much we don't use a phone just broadband altough we do have a phone package with our 1Mb but we don't even have a phone plugged in !!

Can you sort this out?:(

And on top of it all i can't even view our bills online as a PDF so i can't see where this charge has come from so to sum it up

Package supposed to be €22
    First bill was €20.36 which was fine
    Second bill is €77.36 where has the extra €55 charge come from?
    We were offered a free connection for signing upto Eircom which was reflected on our first bill i'm at total loss as to why the bill is so high im holding off using the internet til this is sorted out am using 3 mobile internet to post this!!!

I can PM a rep on Monday when you are online with our A/C and Telephone number

Thanks Tony let me know if you find an approx date for this :)
    Hopefully its not to far in the future would like to have NGB here :D
    Hi Jay93
    the migration date for the Dulek exchange is November / december 2011. This has been confirmed by the tech crem manager in this area. Apologies for delay in getting this information for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Tony thanks for the information on the exchange so the migration won't be happening until november/december at least we have a clear time frame on this.:D

I'm still having problems viewing our bill online want to check why there was an extra €55 added to our bill this month!

It brings me to a page and says the following:

Your account information is not available. We cannot currently present your billing and account details or accept payments.

Have you just registered?

If you have just registered on eircom.ie and provided your account number for the first time between the hours of 2am - 9am Monday - Saturday or on a Sunday we are unable to instantly retrieve your billing and account summary information. It will be available in 2 working days. When your next bill is available to view and analyse, we will send you an email reminder. You can then view, analyse and pay your bill anytime by signing in with your email address and password. We apologise for the delay.

or

Have you supplied an account number?
    You must have an active eircom account number registered to access your billing information online. If you have not already supplied an account number please enter your account number below. Access to your billing information and payment options will be instant except between the hours of 2am - 9am Monday - Saturday or on Sundays when it will take up to 2 working days to retrieve. When your next bill is available to view and analyse, we will send you an email reminder.

It gives an option to put our account number and telephone number in but when i do it says that we are already registered :confused:

Hi Tony thanks for the information on the exchange so the migration won't be happening until november/december at least we have a clear time frame on this.:D

I'm still having problems viewing our bill online want to check why there was an extra €55 added to our bill this month!

It brings me to a page and says the following:

Your account information is not available. We cannot currently present your billing and account details or accept payments.

Have you just registered?

If you have just registered on eircom.ie and provided your account number for the first time between the hours of 2am - 9am Monday - Saturday or on a Sunday we are unable to instantly retrieve your billing and account summary information. It will be available in 2 working days. When your next bill is available to view and analyse, we will send you an email reminder. You can then view, analyse and pay your bill anytime by signing in with your email address and password. We apologise for the delay.

or

Have you supplied an account number?
    You must have an active eircom account number registered to access your billing information online. If you have not already supplied an account number please enter your account number below. Access to your billing information and payment options will be instant except between the hours of 2am - 9am Monday - Saturday or on Sundays when it will take up to 2 working days to retrieve. When your next bill is available to view and analyse, we will send you an email reminder.

It gives an option to put our account number and telephone number in but when i do it says that we are already registered :confused:
    Hi Jay93
    can you PM me your tel. number and online user sign in details ( account name / password) and I can investigate this.
    I imagine that the 55 added to bill was a part period payment, but does seem high. As soon as I have details can update you.
    Tony

Hi Jay93
    can you PM me your tel. number and online user sign in details ( account name / password) and I can investigate this.
    I imagine that the 55 added to bill was a part period payment, but does seem high. As soon as I have details can update you.
    Tony

Hi Tony have sent you a PM with the details :)

Hey just to update here we got our bill in the post today.
    We have been charged for a connection fee of €50 when we signed up we were told we would get a free conenction for signing up with Eircom.

Is there any reason why we were charged this fee?

Thanks.:cool:

Hey just to update here we got our bill in the post today.
    We have been charged for a connection fee of €50 when we signed up we were told we would get a free conenction for signing up with Eircom.

Is there any reason why we were charged this fee?

Thanks.:cool:
    Hi jay93
    I have looked into this and can see that credits and trial line have been applied for line connection but the €24 broadband connection fee is correct for first time broadband connection.
    The remainder of the services and connection section of the bill is actually part period charge which covers service up until the first official bill. ( So is the period from when service activated to first bill) This charge is applied as part billing as will normally be less than a full bill period.
    Future bills will be approx €22 euro as you posted above.
    Hope this answers your question, let me know if not.
    Tony

Thanks for the detailed repy Tony.
    However i still don't understand why we were charged a connection fee when we were told this would be free had we been told there was a fee it wouldn't have been so bad but the Eircom rep stated that we wouldn't be charged!

A connection fee of €24 was applied and also another charge for connection €25 is that right that we were charged twice for connection.

Thanks.
    :pac:

Thanks for the detailed repy Tony.
    However i still don't understand why we were charged a connection fee when we were told this would be free had we been told there was a fee it wouldn't have been so bad but the Eircom rep stated that we wouldn't be charged!

A connection fee of €24 was applied and also another charge for connection €25 is that right that we were charged twice for connection.

Thanks.
    :pac:

Hi jay93
    the free connection offer is to have line installed free, there is a connection fee of approx €24 for broadband connection. I cannot see the second connection charge of €25 you mention. The only other charge applied within the Service and connection charge is the approx €22 part period charge, which is the charge for the period before the first official bill. This is always only a part of what a full billing period would cost, so is listed as part period charge. Neither of these two bill entries will show up again.
    If this does not answer query let me know.
    Tony

Hi that clears it up! was just a bit confused about the billing.once we have this month paid our bill will revert back to 22 so thats good..thanks Tony :)

Hi that clears it up! was just a bit confused about the billing.once we have this month paid our bill will revert back to 22 so thats good..thanks Tony :)

and let me know if not:mad: and will chase for you. Have a good weekend.
    Tony

• Advertisement

and let me know if not:mad: and will chase for you. Have a good weekend.
    Tony

No problem Tony i'll let you know on the next bill if we are charged any extra but i'm thinking we will be fine.

Thanks have a good weekend yourself:):).

Advertisement