Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Noob Question

• 21-07-2011 7:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭

Hey! I've just started playing Minecraft this week and am hooked already.

Myself and a friend have set up our own private server and I just have one quick question if any of ye could help.

When playing on our server, I'd like to be able to spawn my own items without having to mine or ask the admin to give them to me. Is there a mod that can be run on the server to allow all players to spawn their own items?

If so what's it called and is there any tutorial on how to get it going?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If its your own server then surely you'd be an admin on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Hey! I've just started playing Minecraft this week and am hooked already.

Myself and a friend have set up our own private server and I just have one quick question if any of ye could help.

When playing on our server, I'd like to be able to spawn my own items without having to mine or ask the admin to give them to me. Is there a mod that can be run on the server to allow all players to spawn their own items?

If so what's it called and is there any tutorial on how to get it going?

Thanks in advance.

if you and your mate ar mods try the /give command

type in /give username itemnumber quantity

for example to give yourself some glass type in /give cherry_cola 20 64

and voila you should have 64 glass in your inventory

if its just a basic server with no mods just add each users username to the Admin text file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Thanks for that. I'm a total noob with this stuff so didn't realise there could be two admins on the server.

On with the building!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭fitzeyboy.

If you're using a vanilla server install Too Many Items to your own minecraft client. No need to keep typing the give command.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Thanks for that. I'm a total noob with this stuff so didn't realise there could be two admins on the server.

On with the building!
    If you want to make anyone an admin, just get another admins to type:

/OP <Username>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

I am running my own server at the minute. And we have been using the give command lately but you can only spawn 64 blocks in one command. Anyway to increase it so we can spawn more than 64 blocks per command.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

CrazyFish wrote: »
    I am running my own server at the minute. And we have been using the give command lately but you can only spawn 64 blocks in one command. Anyway to increase it so we can spawn more than 64 blocks per command.
    Dirtybollix describes how to do it above.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Dirtybollix describes how to do it above.
    Yeah but that only works for getting 64 blocks at a time. I want to be able to say "/give crazyfish 12 100" and get a 100 items instead of only being able to do 64 blocks at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Try:

/give cherry_cola 20 -1

Should give you infinite blocks

Tallon wrote: »
    Try:

/give cherry_cola 20 -1

Should give you infinite blocks

That only gives me one block. Should have mentioned I am running a vanilla server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

fitzeyboy. wrote: »
    If you're using a vanilla server install Too Many Items to your own minecraft client. No need to keep typing the give command.
    CrazyFish wrote: »
    That only gives me one block. Should have mentioned I am running a vanilla server.

fitzeyboy has the best option for you so. it installs onto your computer and works only for you but i suppose you can spawn a load of blocks for yourself and then give them to others.

looks like this:
    Too-Many-Items-Minecraft-1.6.4-Mod-580x325.png

you simply click on the block you want and you get 64 straight away

That does the job, cheers lads. When I first went to the site for that mod I taught it said single player only so ignored it. But it works a treat.

Advertisement