Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending Bags Ahead?

Options
  • 21-07-2011 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Looking to spend a few months backpacking South America in the not too distant future and then have a job lined up for myself in the States for the summer.

Il need certain gear for the job and would basically like to get the family to send on a second duffle bag to meet me in the States a 5 or 6 months after I leave rather than have to lug things around on my travels or pay money for risky storage somewhere.

Iv looked at DHl and those who are quoting me ~€250 for courier, an Post ~€120 for standard post. I reckon the bag will weigh around 15kgs.

Anyone have any experience of something similar? Was looking at Aer Lingus cargo does anyone know if you can get them to send stuff and collect it at a US airport?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm going to move this to Living Abroad as those people tend to send things ahead more than travellers. Although the figures you've said there don't look half bad.

Advertisement