Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calpol 80ml £1

Options
  • 21-07-2011 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Tesco has Calpol 80ml for £1. It is 250/5 and the 6+ stuff.Anyone who has small kids knows how much of a rip off this stuff is down here.About E4 for the same bottle I think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,776 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

6 Plus stuff is €4.27 for 60ml in Superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Tesco has Calpol 80ml for £1. It is 250/5 and the 6+ stuff.Anyone who has small kids knows how much of a rip off this stuff is down here.About E4 for the same bottle I think.

Is that in Northern Ireland only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

dinneenp wrote: »
    Is that in Northern Ireland only?

The clue is in the title of the forum... take a look at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Ronin247 wrote: »

You can't compare a special offer with the standard price and then claim rip-off. When the offer is over and its back at £3.09 in Tesco ni, the normal retail price here will be within 20c of the Tesco price.

It is s great offer - but like any offer, its short term and the price will be back up at 3.09 quite quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It is a ogood offer, god knows you need alot of the stuff wiuth a child. The problem here is there is no competition, so no need to run promotions.

I got this:

http://www.pharmacyfirst.co.uk/medicines/numark-paracetamol-suspension-120mg/5ml-200ml/prod_4047.html

There are no generic paracetamol suspensions available in S. Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

maxer68 wrote: »
    You can't compare a special offer with the standard price and then claim rip-off. When the offer is over and its back at £3.09 in Tesco ni, the normal retail price here will be within 20c of the Tesco price.

It is s great offer - but like any offer, its short term and the price will be back up at 3.09 quite quickly

Two completely seperate issues.This is a bargain alert and it is a rip off at any time.The sale of all medicines in this country are a complete rip off imo with generic adult ibuprofen selling for 29p in the North all year round.

6 Plus stuff is €4.27 for 60ml in Superquinn.

This is for 60ml as opposed to the £3.09 price for 80ml maxer68 quotes.Even at E1.15 per £ it is only E355 or 4.4c/ml as opposed to 7.11c/ml or a 61% mark up.That's not a rip off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

I was shopping in Asda Enniskillen yesterday and Paracetamol (Asda Brand) is so much cheaper than rip-off Ireland prices. Down here, supermarkets only offer big brand names such as Panadol, Anadin etc and these often cost over EUR2.00 per pack here. However, Asda brand paracetamol costs GBP0.15 (EUR0.17) for a 16 pack. Paracetamol is Paracetamol - screw the big brand names.

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=PARACETAMOL&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=24740

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ripoffs

I have checked prices today...and the north still better value for some items

Calpol 140ml 2mths-6yrs strawberry €7.14 in a Chemist Dublin city centre
    Calpol 100ml 2mths-6yrs strawberry £3.00 Sainsburys
    Calpol 200ml £5.45 Boots UK
    Nurofen 200ml 3mths-12yrs £6.59 Boots UK
    Nurofen 100ml £3.00 Sainsburys
    Cow&Gate 2/3 years 800g £7.49 in boots and sainsburys
    Ibuprofen 16 tablets 200mg generic 40p Boots 30p Sainsburys
    Paracetamol 16 tablets 500mg generic 39p Boots 19p Sainsburys

Superdrug also are a good bet for cheaper ibuprofen and paracetamol.

I was told in Dublin that calpol only came in 140ml bottles, and that I could not get cold medicine (e.g. Benylin) for a child under 6years old anymore as the IMDB didn't recommend it. I have been going north for years for medicine and there is a lot more variety on offer. Hope this helps everyone.

Advertisement