Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

intercom problems

• 21-07-2011 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Second fixing a house today for a customer , which had been wired for a intercom , call point at front door and side door , and hand set in kitchen , customer went and bought a COMELIT STYLE 5 KIT today with a second call point which the wholesaler took out of another kit , when we went to connect it there was no drawing to show the way we wanted to do it , so i just looped the call points , when we went to test it there was very bad interference when in operation , so we disconnected each call point separately and tryed it , it worked fine , so my question is , have i it wired wrong or is the kit missing some thing ,
    Thanks all :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

Comelit is a good system but sometimes very hard to follow connection diagrams, but they do have a very helpful helpline. The phone no. should be on the box.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you running the power on the same cable as the audio.?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭086lavey

ya runing power on the same cable , but with one call point disconnected it works perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's very difficult to diagnose your problem without studying how it's wired and with the diagram at hand.

But if I had to guess, I'd say you'd need a switcher which switches off the call point you're not using.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

086lavey wrote: »
    ya runing power on the same cable , but with one call point disconnected it works perfect

Some systems will give a hum if the power in is on the same cable as the audio.But as fred said I would need to see how its wired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭086lavey

thanks will put up the drawing tomorrow , sounds like i could be in bother then :rolleyes: cant change wiring now !!!

Advertisement