Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 for 1 Sky Ride

• 21-07-2011 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

As the title says, may interest some people doing the Sky Ride Etape Hibernia in Clare.

https://rewards.sky.com/skyloyalty/home/tickets-and-treats/etape-hibernia/?DCMP=emc%20_Etape_Hibernia_Highlights_July11
    Following the success of last year’s event, Sky Ride Etape Hibernia returns for its second year this August. Individual entry costs 54 Euros but Sky customers have the chance to buy a limited number of 2-for-1 entries.

The ride will take place in the beautiful countryside of County Clare, Ireland on 21 August.*

At 84 miles, it’s a tougher challenge than other Sky Ride events but more than achievable with some pre-event training. It’s a great day out in beautiful countryside so why not get your friends and family to take part too. Then you can share the training and enjoy the day together.

Use the link and promotional code below to get your 2-for-1 entry for this fantastic cycling opportunity.

*The event is open to 18-80 year olds.

Offer closes at 9am on 19 August.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭johnam

Myself and a few of the lads bought our tickets around a month ago.... would definitely have taken advantage of the offer if I had seen it.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Closed roads? Looks like great craic.

Anyone know if unfit, slow, novices that can't climb and have never raced can take part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

gaffmaster wrote: »
    Closed roads? Looks like great craic.

Anyone know if unfit, slow, novices that can't climb and have never raced can take part?

Sure you can it's not a race ( :D ), but expect to suffer and probably get dropped. Also there is a time limit for closed roads as they are being closed by sections, so if you are really slow you probably won't get that benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭clopd

Registered for the event this way, but it only allowed me to insert 1 persons details. Now the organisers are not responding to emails as I want to figure out how to correctly registered the other rider.

Emailed them four times now and no response. Couldn't find a contact number for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

clopd wrote: »
    Registered for the event this way, but it only allowed me to insert 1 persons details. Now the organisers are not responding to emails as I want to figure out how to correctly registered the other rider.

Emailed them four times now and no response. Couldn't find a contact number for them.

I know I originally posted this offer but I never used it, I won't be able to make it this year after all.
    But I did come across the following link which allows you to edit your entry (just click enter 2011), may or may not help.

http://www.etapehibernia.com/index.html

• Advertisement

Thanks for the follow up.
    Used that link but still only allowing me edit a single entrant.

Hopefully I'll get a number for the organisers. Anyone able to help with that?

Thanks for the follow up.
    Used that link but still only allowing me edit a single entrant.

Hopefully I'll get a number for the organisers. Anyone able to help with that?

Here's a UK number for them
    Race Office
    Please note that whilst we do our best to answer your call as promptly as possible, there may be times when the team is busy and unable to answer. In this instance, we advise you send an email.

Contact No - +44 (0)20 8233 5900 (Lines are open Monday to Friday between 10am and 2pm)
    Email -info@etapehibernia.com

Postal Address
    Challenger World
    IMG
    McCormack House
    London
    W4 2TH

from here

http://www.etapehibernia.com/contact_us.html

Dooh!!

Obvious place to put ones contact details really.

Thanks again

Dooh!!

Obvious place to put ones contact details really.

Thanks again

No problem, easy to miss...:D

Also check your spam folder on the off chance that they did reply and it ended up being flagged, in case you havn't already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

anyone from dublin going down and coming back up, thinking of applying but would need go down with someone, could do 2for1 with someone if anyones interested, and spilt cost of getting down their.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭LadFromLimerick

Hi all,
    Anyone find out how to avail of the 2 for 1 offer? I tried it but, like the previous poster, it would only allow me input details for one entrant.
    Thanks!

Hi all,
    Anyone find out how to avail of the 2 for 1 offer? I tried it but, like the previous poster, it would only allow me input details for one entrant.
    Thanks!

I just got an email from the organisers today with a new link and pin code to enter in the details of the second participant. So if you've signed up this way you should get something similar. Note pin expires on aug 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭LadFromLimerick

Still haven't received anything form Sky, they seem to be making it pretty difficult for people to avail of this offer, is it bogus I wonder?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Rev

Still haven't received anything form Sky, they seem to be making it pretty difficult for people to avail of this offer, is it bogus I wonder?????????

I got the email from the info [at] etapehibernia.com address with my code on Friday so it's not bogus. Maybe it got marked as spam?

Worked fine for me in the end. Hope u got sorted.

Advertisement