Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mini Tesco for Ballybricken

• 21-07-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Any truth in this rumor lads! Maybe the old besco store?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Kitty_Ears

Was told Supersavers are opening up in the old Londis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd say it would do well. allot of flats/houses near.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd say it would do well. allot of flats/houses near.

Yeah, go to Aldi for the cheap stuff, and Tesco for the branded stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'd doubt it, a few Spars have closed in the town (Hennesseys Rd and Yellow rd) would a Tesco Express do any better?

Then again, sometimes that doesn't seem to be the initial attraction for Tesco, more making sure another brand doesn't move in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MsBojangles

*gets the CV ready*

• Advertisement

Just read the little notice on ballybricken a wee while ago
    apparently the place is undergoing construction and stuff so this wont be for a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

Be great for the elderly people living around Ballybricken, save them having to go as far as Supervalu for their few bits. Jaysus, Besco, that brings back memories!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

BRING BACK BESCO!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

probably best to at least add a question mark to the thread title.

reading the thing its says what they plan to do but it was signed in 2008 so im lost ...doubt there'll be any employment for a while yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

reading the thing its says what they plan to do but it was signed in 2008 so im lost ...doubt there'll be any employment for a while yet

Reading what thing? A planning application?

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Reading what thing? A planning application?

Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 joepaddy

If people had any intelligence, they would avoid Tesco. Tesco is taking over the world. You cant turn in Waterford but you see a Tesco shop. How fresh is their produce. How far has it travelled. It is like shopping in a factory. There is more to life than buying cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

not when you don't have a whole lot of money. I sold my soul many years ago. I love tesco haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

BRING BACK BESCO!! :D
    :D
    Be great for the elderly people living around Ballybricken, save them having to go as far as Supervalu for their few bits. Jaysus, Besco, that brings back memories!!

Ye my mother does it everyday bescos was so handy a shop their would and should do well but its bein vacant so long now i doubt it will materialise :(

jo06555 wrote: »
    :D

Ye my mother does it everyday bescos was so handy a shop their would and should do well but its bein vacant so long now i doubt it will materialise :(

but in all fairness without spar on the yellow road it should do well .
    plus i noticed if u want an ice cream thats not expensive your screwed on ballybricken at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deiselack

sniff....I miss Besco..:(..come back all is forgiven!! I agree, they need a shop for the elderly around that area, Supervalue are too expensive anywayz

Advertisement