Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being prosecuted for a TV aerial!

Options
  • 21-07-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭

Kilkenny County Council are taking me to court for having an aerial mounted to the gable end wall of my house.

The planning exemptions say that an antenna must be mounted 'on the roof' of the house.

Although many, many people have antennas mounted on gable end brackets, it seems they want to make an example of me.

It came about because I had a second antenna up in my property, a temporary thing (I'm a radio amateur and broadcast engineer) and someone complained. Even when the 2nd one was removed, the CoCo still decided to take action because of the first one.

You're only allowed to have one antenna pole anyway.

The one I have protrudes less than 6m above the roof, as is the regulation. I need it that high to receive broadband and TV pics.

I'm out in the country, not near main roads, in a farming area.

Its crazy, but they won't listen to reason. It seems all the people they took on to do planning applications in the boom time are now in the 'compliance' department, and are looking for things to keep themselves busy.

And if that causes me hassle and expense, that doesn't matter.

Any comments or suggestions please?

Andy
    Mooncoin

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

OP you might be better off posting in the legal discussion forum,

Whilst they won't be able to give you legal advise I'd imagine they should be able to tell you what legislation you appear to be breaking,.

Once you know this you should know how to resolve the matter yourself I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

so what was the end result? regards foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

None conclusively yet! It's not yet gone to court.

The house is now compliant, and the coco say they'll drop the case if I pay their legal fees, which amount to 3,500!

Heaven alone knows how they're that much. The solicitors are obviously onto a good thing there.

Whatever happens, paying that isn't gonna happen.

A.

Advertisement