Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find out when house was built

Options
  • 21-07-2011 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Got my renewal for the house insurance today and I noticed that the insurance company had put that my house was constructed in 1945, I am cetain this is wrong and need to find the correct age the house was constructed, is there somewhere I can check this out.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check the deeds to see if they say anything. After that, maps or local history.

Relatively few houses would have been built during the war and those that were tended to be small.

If there is only 1-2 years in the difference, I wouldn't be overly worried, but obviously if its many years different, it would be good to tell them.

Do you want to say what street its on (don't give house number) and perhaps people can comment better.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Victor wrote: »
    Check the deeds to see if they say anything. After that, maps or local history.

Relatively few houses would have been built during the war and those that were tended to be small.

If there is only 1-2 years in the difference, I wouldn't be overly worried, but obviously if its many years different, it would be good to tell them.

Do you want to say what street its on (don't give house number) and perhaps people can comment better.

Fairways lawns, bettystown, meath

Can't see these houses being mid 40s, more like 70s or 80s.
    I will dig out the deeds to see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,398 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think write to the insurance comapny and flag it with them.

That yellow brick looks very 1970s, but the red ones 1980s.

Oh, check planning permission with Meach County Council. Like that they only have the summary of the file though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Could you ask neighbours? Someone is sure to be original owner.

Advertisement