Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double posts

Options
  • 21-07-2011 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭

Am having a lot of problems lately with my posts frequently being posted twice. It seems to because the time it takes to submit a post on my connection is longer than the minimum time between posts. Is there anything that can be done about this? Increasing the minimum time would be counter-productive for anyone on better connections and putting a lock on making the same post twice would waste a lot of resources, but i'm sure there's a solution along these lines.

On that note, is anyone else noticing this problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I've had a at least a handful of double post recently enough, where it just seems to take slightly longer to submit (you don't refresh or resubmit) yet it appears twice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I've been double posting like crazy for the last few days.

1 PC on Firefox 5, with adblock plus, using the https version of the site.
    1 PC on Firefox 5, with adblock plus using regular version
    1 Android HTC smartphone using Dolphin HD on the non-mobile version of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,865 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Same for me, all with Firefox 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

been getting double posts a bit tonight.

Was there not something a while back that stopped you posting the exact same post within 5 minutes of each other? same with visitor messages iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I am having the same problem using both chrome 13.0.782.112 and chrome dev 15.0.853.0

It is also slow to post a message and the chrome icon may spin for up to 20 seconds even when using "quick reply" then when it is finished loading, the message has been posted twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Problem doesn't seem to exist if you use the longer, 'go advance' method of posting.

Problem is on Chromium on Debian here for what its worth, although it seems more like a site problem than any kind of client-side issue.

Resource problems? Are the databases getting too full/slow for the infrastructure?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement