Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mobile free credit query

Options
  • 21-07-2011 8:53pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of switching to Tesco Mobile when ever they get webtexts but I have a question that hopefully someone here can answer. When buying text/calls and data bundles do they come out of your free credit or your paid for credit. e.g. If I top up by €20 and purchase a text and talk bundle and the data bundle will the bundles come out of my free credit that expires after 30 days leaving me with my €20 credit that doesn't expire at all?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

AFAIK it comes from your main credit and not your free credit. In fairness you get your free credit immediatley (unlike three), and you start spending the free credit first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

The bundles will come out of your paid credit.

If I top up by €10, I then have €10 credit and €10 bonus credit.

I then buy a data bundle for €6.99.

I'm left with €3.01 credit and €10 bonus credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Yes, the guys are correct. Bundles will come from your paid for credit but irish calls/texts/picture messages/outside bundle data will be taken from your bonus credit first where at all possible.

regards
    Paul

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thanks guys, pity it doesn't come from your bonus credit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

im with tesco for a good while now and im happy with them but i wish they get the web text,
    hint hint tesco paul :L

• Advertisement

bpb101 wrote: »
    im with tesco for a good while now and im happy with them but i wish they get the web text,
    hint hint tesco paul :L

Doing my best bpb101!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

chears , thanks paul

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Seldon

Hi Paul,
    Sorry for stealing the thread but i've a question about switching to Tesco Mobile, I've seen a offer about switching to Tesco Mobile.
    If i bring my own and three other numbers, looking at the web site i should be avail of a free pjhoe by christmas... is this right?

Seldon wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    Sorry for stealing the thread but i've a question about switching to Tesco Mobile, I've seen a offer about switching to Tesco Mobile.
    If i bring my own and three other numbers, looking at the web site i should be avail of a free pjhoe by christmas... is this right?

Hi Seldon, you need to join first. Then if you bring 4 of your friends over and they simply topup by 10eur a month for 3 mOnths you get the Galaxy Mini for free.

Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Barney gumble

I registered with tesco mobile this morning, anyone know when I will get my free credit?

• Advertisement

I registered with tesco mobile this morning, anyone know when I will get my free credit?

Hi Barney,

Welcome to Tesco Mobile :). You will get the bonus credit for registering along with your next topup.

regards
    Paul

Advertisement