Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memory / Mobo compatibility issues

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

It depends on the CPU you have installed.

I'll be honest with you, Mem Frequency doesn't make much of a difference. It's always nice to have higher rated memory of course, but don't stress out over it. CPU and GPU frequencies are much more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭kahf1_02

CPU is a Phenomn II X4 955. Is that a 200 series CPU. Because if it is, I think I will only be able to max out at 1066hz, before I overclock them.

right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Leman

No, it should support 2000mhz, but im not very AMD savvy so I;m not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

The 100/200 and FX series the doc relates to are Bulldozer CPU's - as yet un-released.

The 100/200 series are Opteron (server class) CPU's, FX will be the new top of the line AMD Bulldozer based desktop / enthusiast CPU's.

The common memory specs are listed on the site you linked to:
    4 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3 2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 Hz Memory

Meaning ANY AM3/AM3+ cpu will support those, but 100/200 series Opterons only 1066, and FX officially support 1866mhz ram.

Phenom II only 'officially' supports 1333 or 1600Mhz iirc (anything above is considered overclocking for those CPU's)

The 1600Mhz kit will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭kahf1_02

Ah great. I'll let you know how I get on with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement