Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants & failed module - help filling out the form plz

Options
  • 21-07-2011 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey all. I'm just filling out the form for my grant, and there's a question asking "Did you pass your exams at the end of the 2010/2011 academic year?" I failed one module. So is that a "yes" or a "no"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Don't quote me on this, but in order for you to progress you need to have is it 50/60 credits? You've only failed one, which is a pass with compensation if it's above is it 30 or 35%. Any case, you've enough to proceed to stage 2 so yes, you've passed your exams. Contact the student desk to see if you have to do that failed one as a repeat and double check if you're going into stage 2 normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

I'm having this problem too! I missed one of my exams and they want a copy of my exam results, not sure what to do. This is what happens because of not having summer repeats. Hard to explain that I'll have passed first year half way through second year

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

You need to have completed 50 credits in one year to deem it as a passed year. So don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You need to have completed 50 credits in one year to deem it as a passed year. So don't worry.

Nit picking but he/she hasn't passed the year, they just have enough credits to progress to the next stage. You pass the year when you get all the credits required. But for the grant progressing should be should be enough.

Advertisement