Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cocktail Making classes for hen parties

Options
  • 21-07-2011 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

Hi people,

so i'm up a creek without a paddle here. My activity for my sisters hen party has fallen through and its in less than 2 weeks. Sat 30th!! Does anyone know of cocktail making classes in Cork other than Soho, Long Island and The Mardyke?? I have tried these places already. Any help would be appreciated here coz i'm kinda starting to freak! :eek::eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Hey nursemar

That's some bad luck. The places you mentioned would be the places I would've suggested. I was also thinking of Suas or the Bailey as they do cocktails but I wouldn't say they would do classes.

You could try these guys if you had somewhere you could host it.

Hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

mudokon wrote: »
    Hey nursemar

That's some bad luck. The places you mentioned would be the places I would've suggested. I was also thinking of Suas or the Bailey as they do cocktails but I wouldn't say they would do classes.

You could try these guys if you had somewhere you could host it.

Hope it works out for you.

Thanks Mudokon, i tried those guys already and they are booked up on the day! oh well... i will just have to put my thinking hat on! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

it's a long shot, but maybe try sober lane or electric?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

nursemar88 wrote: »
    Hi people,

so i'm up a creek without a paddle here. My activity for my sisters hen party has fallen through and its in less than 2 weeks. Sat 30th!! Does anyone know of cocktail making classes in Cork other than Soho, Long Island and The Mardyke?? I have tried these places already. Any help would be appreciated here coz i'm kinda starting to freak! :eek::eek:

Sounds like you are really stumped! Cant think of anywhere else, is it that those bars are booked out??
    I think there may be somewhere in kinsale does it, white lady I think.
    Have you any ideas of something else you could look into to replace the cocktail class? Maybe karaoke, or a dance class, or a make up class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Try Door 51 on Grand Parade (where the old Goat Broke Loose used to be). They offered to give us a demo/lets us make our own when we were booking a party in there a few weeks ago. Worth a shot at least.

• Advertisement

pow wow wrote: »
    Worth a shot at least.

Definitely, otherwise the hen night entertainment could be Officer Goodbody. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

mudokon wrote: »
    Definitely, otherwise the hen night entertainment could be Officer Goodbody. :pac:

I knew I recognised you from somewhere ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! after all the panicking and ringing around I have finally decided that feck it I'd throw a cocktail party myself! We are gonna make up a couple of batches of cocktails and decorate one of our hotel rooms and go with a private cocktail session! It might not be exactly what i planned but there will be craic and alcohol..:D:D Thanks for all the help!! oh and Mudokon... seriously.. not if he was the last stripper on earth. I think i'd rather scratch my own eyes out! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Needler

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! after all the panicking and ringing around I have finally decided that feck it I'd throw a cocktail party myself! We are gonna make up a couple of batches of cocktails and decorate one of our hotel rooms and go with a private cocktail session! It might not be exactly what i planned but there will be craic and alcohol..:D:D Thanks for all the help!! oh and Mudokon... seriously.. not if he was the last stripper on earth. I think i'd rather scratch my own eyes out! :eek:

So did you manage to procure a suitable stripper?

oh and Mudokon... seriously.. not if he was the last stripper on earth. I think i'd rather scratch my own eyes out! :eek:

Ha ha, if you hired him as a stripper I'd say the rest of the hen party would happily take care of scratching your eyes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Daisy2010

Hi,
    Just wondering how long cocktail classes are? Did you find out from your research? I have a group of 15 for my birthday and I'm looking at cork city or kinsale. Do any of the posters ahve any experience of these classes, or venues lenght of time and activity.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭corked

heard that Soho do them - might be worth a try!
    could also do some food there.

From another forum:
    Secondly I have to highly recommend SOHO bar on Grand Parade. We did the cocktail making class and had dinner there. Absolutely fantastic from start to finish. Class starts at 4 pm and lasts well over 2 hours (plenty of cocktails drank) and then you have your dinner which was A1 and they also then reserve a little area in bar for you if ya wanna stay on! Staff could not do enough for us................. It's not too expensive but not cheap either. Was E90 for the class and cocktails which included showing us how to make 4 cocktails (leaves the group make them) and then drinking them plus a fab shot called a Blackjack!!! Then the meal was 4 courses of top notch grub and then reserving area. So as I say the whole thing was E90 a head all in.

Might be worth calling them they might do something cheaper with finger food or on its own or with less cocktails.

Advertisement