Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU but its skinny dimensions

Options
  • 21-07-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I changed a PSU before and all went well, this time another PC im looking at for a friend has blown and she just wants the cheapest fix solution, its a reasonable PC, Acer Aspire Ax3300 3gb ram but anyway looking for cheapest solution.

So on the PSU it says input is 220-240v
    Max power outage 200w and it looks to be 5v 3.3v, iirc theres either 12v or the 5/3.3 version

So couple of questions, tried dabs and i can only find the bulky square type ones for the budget prices, is there anywhere i can get one for a slim type tower, dimensions are approx 28cm x 14cm x 8cm.

The other question is it appears its a 220w one that was in it, most of the ones on dabs start at 400w, is 400-500w ok and anything else i should consider other than wattage and dimensions. Theres ones on dabs for as little as €12 so i was thinking of getting that and running it outside the PC by drilling a hole and attaching the PSU to the outside of the tower if i cant get a budget one.

Thats said i would just pay the extra myself but its a case of this friend just aint got the money so its possibly that or nothing if the price goes above €50.

Final question, will it be more expensive to get a local PC shop to order it or should i buy it online, is there much of a saving

Comments

Advertisement