Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet explorer 8 or 9 on phone

Options
  • 21-07-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a phone or something "pocketsized" that can run internet explorer 8 or 9. I have been looking in the phone shops but everyone tried to sell me the optimus 7 or something similar. I need it to access a site which only works with ie 7,8 or 9 or firefox. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

fred432 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a phone or something "pocketsized" that can run internet explorer 8 or 9. I have been looking in the phone shops but everyone tried to sell me the optimus 7 or something similar. I need it to access a site which only works with ie 7,8 or 9 or firefox. Thanks

Whats the website? I have a LG Optimus 7 running internet explorer 9. The current windows phone 7's all run internet explorer 7 with some 8 addons. The soon to be release Mango update will update these phones to internet explorer 9

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fred432

Thanks. Its the tdwaterhouse site. Its meant to work with safari as well but that never worked for me! There is a log in section and its from there on it doesn't work. Thanks for that. Now to find the best package!!

I'm in the login section and everything looks fine. Do you want a picture? :D

CIMG2332-2048.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fred432

and that is definitely ie 9 as in the same as whats on the regular pc? what sort of plan are you on?

fred432 wrote: »
    and that is definitely ie 9 as in the same as whats on the regular pc? what sort of plan are you on?

Exactly the same.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/hands-on-windows-phone-7-mango-review-958706?artc_pg=8

I'm on a €30 rolling contract with 3. I bought the phone contract free for 168 euros on ebay, it was in the bargin alerts :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement