Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to send a 5ft Bay tree, UK to Ireland?!

Options
  • 21-07-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

I've just spent ages looking for the right place to post this query so if I'm in the wrong place, sorry mods... :)

Anyway, I have a 5 ft + bay tree, grown from one of those supermarkets 99c pots. It must be around 8 or 9 years old now and I might bemoving to Australia from here in the UK and would like to get this tree to a good home in Ireland!

Can anyone advise on the best way to get it across the water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

sudzs wrote: »
    I've just spent ages looking for the right place to post this query so if I'm in the wrong place, sorry mods... :)

Anyway, I have a 5 ft + bay tree, grown from one of those supermarkets 99c pots. It must be around 8 or 9 years old now and I might bemoving to Australia from here in the UK and would like to get this tree to a good home in Ireland!

Can anyone advise on the best way to get it across the water?
    I'm not sure transport-wise, but I do know that you can cut down a bay tree pretty severely, and it will grow back.
    This may help with whatever transport you decide on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I'm not sure transport-wise, but I do know that you can cut down a bay tree pretty severely, and it will grow back.
    This may help with whatever transport you decide on.

OMG NO!!! :eek:

NOT funny! :P

It is a beautiful globe standard bay tree, as in it is 5 and a half foot lollypop shaped thing I have been tending and trimming since it was a seedling! It's brother (!) was killed by the prolonged sub zero conditions last winter in Drogheda so I thought I would send this one over to replace the dead one. :)

Advertisement