Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Darkstalkers Game Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

HOLY. ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Hell. Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

zomgwtfbbq

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

This makes up for megaman cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

Didn't see that one coming :rolleyes: Good to finally see, all the same.

• Advertisement

Uh.

Wait. What?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

First cancel megaman, then don't put megaman in MVC3, NO CANCEL A GAME THAT WAS MISTAKENLY SAID TO BE IN PRODUCTION!!!!!!

WHEN WILL IT END CAPCOM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Ono has nothing to this level of trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Felicia! ^-^

All the best,
    RAZER

• Advertisement

From Siliconera
    Ono said that if you’ve been to these Comic-Con panels before, you’ll know that he’s asked fans to hold up $5 or $10 bills to show support for a Darkstalkers game and he snaps a photograph to take back with him to Capcom as evidence of fan support.

This time, however, Ono stated: "This year, you don’t have to do that, and it’s not necessarily bad news!" Ono then followed up, clarifying that he has to be careful what he says or he’ll get in trouble.

Lessss goooo

Vampire Saviour GGPO casuals, let's go!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

After playing Vampire Saviour with Gus/Kiki, I really enjoyed the game and would look forward to a new Darkstalkers.

But only if Sasquatch or Spiderman is in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

VSav is potentially the worst game I have ever played!
    Nah it's fun, doesn't suit me though

How can you not like it, half the cast are scantily-clad girls! :pac:

Laming is discouraged >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Fergus_ wrote: »
    disencouraged

:pac:

:pac:

Dunno what you're on about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

hes only trolling, don't get disencouraged!!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    How can you not like it, half the cast are scantily-clad girls! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

GorySnake wrote: »
    After playing Vampire Saviour with Gus/Kiki, I really enjoyed the game and would look forward to a new Darkstalkers.

But only if Sasquatch or Spiderman is in it.

I remember we played it agggeeeeees a go on GGPO. DS is always good fun to play. I really like playing as Morrigan and Lillith.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/10/11/new-installment-darkstalkers-are-not-dead-revealed-at-capcoms-new-york-comic-con-panel/

About time this was finally confirmed.

Also, a combined rerelease of Darstalkers and Vampire Savior is coming to PSN. Hopefully these will have online capabilities because I never bothered buying the versions of DS and VS that are already available on PSN :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

To be honest I'm more hyped for this than for Darkstalkers Are Not Dead (brilliant title though).

Less gooo

Though apparently DS4 still hasn't been confirmed, and that teaser is still just to gauge interest. They're watching the sales of Resurrection to decide whether or not to go through with it.

**** you Capcom. Trying to convince people to buy one of your upcoming games just so they can have the opportunity to buy another one is pretty assholish.

..while I say that I still plan on buying both Resurrection and DS4 when/if they get released, so my wailing means nothing.

Either way, I would be shocked if the game is not heavily in development already, regardless of bull**** sales pushing tactics.

Let's just all gather round and watch this instead.

Unfortunately unlike the US Street Fighter cartoon, this show is so bad it's actually unwatchable outside of the above clip reel.
    It's one redeeming feature is Morrigan having a Scottish accent. I think this was her first English speaking appearance, so ggs horrible cartoon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah, because Capcom are exactly the type of company to go to all the expense of creating a CGI trailer (including modelling 2 characters) without having the project greenlit.

Not buying that for a second. I'll still buy both the games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I've never actually played a Darkstalkers title, though I'm familiar with some of the cast from appearing in other games over the years. I'd certainly like to get stuck in and see what all the fuss is about. These sale tactics are cetainly bullsh1t, and just damn typical of Capcom really. Because of this, I'm already wondering if (the "unconfirmed") DS4 would my while, or if I should simply wait for a Super DS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

also, did my eyes deceive me or was there a person sitting at the top table in that vid, decked out in a Chun-Li outfit?...

Where Hsien?

This looks pretty cool, played a bit of VSav and if it plays anything like that with this current gen graphics, it's gonna be amazeballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Guys don't get annoyed with Capcom for saying that sales of a product will affect the likelyhood of them making another new entry in the same series.

This is how virtually every company in the world works for every kind or media that exists (not just games).

The only difference is Capcom tells people these things and then gets bitched at for it. Say what you want of them, but they're very willing to entertain discussions of plans and answer questions (even if the answers are somtimes vague, they give them).

Honestly, if I was to put this in a newspaper headline it would be:

"Game company tells Gamers how reality works, Gamers enraged"

:rolleyes:

On topic, I've never played Darkstalkers. I'm pretty sure I own one of the PS1 games. I do know that a Monster Mash fighter is a cool premise, and Darkstalkers is often held up as an example of "How to do stuff correctly" for animation students. I think if 3S animation is held up for realism, Darkstallkers is praised for it's animation creativity.

That's pretty cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Guys don't get annoyed with Capcom for saying that sales of a product will affect the likelyhood of them making another new entry in the same series.

The point is that they're most likely lying and the new entry is already in development but they're using the "convince us you want a new installment" angle to shift rereleases.

Advertisement