Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Darkstalkers Game Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Darkstalkers is often held up as an example of "How to do stuff correctly" for animation students. I think if 3S animation is held up for realism, Darkstallkers is praised for it's animation creativity.

This is a great article that deals with the twelve main principles of animation using Darkstalkers as examples. Towards the end he dissects one of Q-Bee's attacks and it's amazing once you really look at it.

EDIT: I guess including the link might be useful: http://art-eater.com/2010/07/test-1-darkstalkers/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Guys don't get annoyed with Capcom for saying that sales of a product will affect the likelyhood of them making another new entry in the same series.

This is how virtually every company in the world works for every kind or media that exists (not just games).

The only difference is Capcom tells people these things and then gets bitched at for it. Say what you want of them, but they're very willing to entertain discussions of plans and answer questions (even if the answers are somtimes vague, they give them).

Honestly, if I was to put this in a newspaper headline it would be:

"Game company tells Gamers how reality works, Gamers enraged"

:rolleyes:

On topic, I've never played Darkstalkers. I'm pretty sure I own one of the PS1 games. I do know that a Monster Mash fighter is a cool premise, and Darkstalkers is often held up as an example of "How to do stuff correctly" for animation students. I think if 3S animation is held up for realism, Darkstallkers is praised for it's animation creativity.

That's pretty cool

Some people don't think that's what is happening though.

No way Capcom, on past experiences, would go to the bother of making an expensive 3D rendered trailer with new character models and everything if the game wasn't in production.

They would say it is more likely Capcom is trying to get as many people as possible to buy the old game by withholding this fact.

Even if it isn't true, the fact that people assume it is- as you say, because it's Capcom- comes down to the terrible way they've handled everything since SFxT was first announced. I don't blame people for not trusting them.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Capcom just give us SF5.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I loved the Drakstalker games in the arcade, great Saturn conversions as well. Pity the PS1 conversions were dreadful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Capcom just give us SF5.

We'll get Street Fighter: Beta 1 and 2 first...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Some people don't think that's what is happening though.

No way Capcom, on past experiences, would go to the bother of making an expensive 3D rendered trailer with new character models and everything if the game wasn't in production.

They would say it is more likely Capcom is trying to get as many people as possible to buy the old game by withholding this fact.
    The point is that they're most likely lying and the new entry is already in development but they're using the "convince us you want a new installment" angle to shift rereleases.

Nah I don't agree.

Game development model is something like:

Prototype -> Greenlight -> Development -> Testing -> Distribution -> Marketing/Advertising -> Patching + Community relations

All we've seen is a CG trailer. Isn't the cardinal rule of Gamer Hype: "Ignore CG trailers, wait for in-game footage"?
    What we've seen doesn't guarantee anything as far as Capcom committing resources and money to DS4. Some Capcom intern could have knocked that out on Maya in his free time.

Capcom even let people follow Megaman Legends 3 and that Megaman Online game process, and those were well into the prototype stage. They died at the greenlight stage, and that's still considerably further along than this one CG trailer.
    Even if it isn't true, the fact that people assume it is- as you say, because it's Capcom- comes down to the terrible way they've handled everything since SFxT was first announced. I don't blame people for not trusting them.

I don't agree 100% that everything Capcom has done around SFxT has been THAT bad. Sure some stuff is bad, but that's a discussion for another topic.
    I think a lot of their worst perceived moves would have been quite happily received by the communities with better communication/community management.

And come on, it's Ono presenting this to us. That poor guy practically worked himself to death for our sins.

He's like the FGC's personal Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

In any case I want to be excited for this but I've very little faith in Capcom these days, wait and see I guess.

At least we know the promotional material will be well made. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Darkstalkers Resurrection is being developed by Iron Galaxy Studios, and ... it will be available for $14.99 or 1200 MSP, depending on your system of preference.
    Darkstalkers Resurrection will cost 2,990 yen ($37) in Japan.

Holy **** that's some markup.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm sure some kindly soul can buy you European MSP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Which he either won't be able to redeem in Japan or won't be able to use in Japan. Even if he gets someone to put them on his account at home, there's still no guarantee he'll be able to download the content while in Japan.

He'd have to get a USB key with his profile and the game downloaded to it posted to him.

Oh, thought it worked like PSN.

Nah, it's fine. My European account on PSN and XBLA is still connected to the EU stores, so I'll be able to get it for the EU price.
    I can only see the Japanese pricing for things if I switch to my JP accounts.

I've been buying EU points with my credit card and getting stuff off XBLA all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Me too, I use a HK account. Only IP locked from "full games".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Yreval wrote: »

This is the XBLA one featuring a few of the older games as opposed to a new one, yeah?

deathrider wrote: »
    This is the XBLA one featuring a few of the older games as opposed to a new one, yeah?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Still no word on a new one then?

http://shoryuken.com/2013/02/14/darkstalkers-resurrection-set-for-release-in-north-america-on-march-12-for-psn-march-13-for-xbla/

More details:
    Darkstalkers Resurrection will be releasing in North America on March 12 for PlayStation Network at $14.99, March 13 for Xbox LIVE Arcade at 1200 MSP. The compilation will available for both PSN and XBLA in Europe on March 13. The digital release will be available for $14.99/€14.99/£11.99 on PSN, 1200 MSP on XBLA. In Japan however, the game (releasing as Vampire Resurrection) will be available as a disc copy instead of a digital one and retails at 2990 yen.
    Now that that's out of the way, how about some Darkstalkers-themed versions of your favourite terrible Valentine's Day puns?

Reminder: It's out this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I'm getting it for Xbox and so is Fergus.

Hype as **** right now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

No one is ready for my Hsien Ko or BB Hood.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

lol you are all free to my Q-Bee

footage of anyone that plays me:

BZLK

DO DOYO DOOOO

'Nuff Said

http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Vampire_Savior

Excellent resource for Darkstalkers 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TheMightyTM

Picked this up today, it's fast and fun! Learning Sasquatch and I see why everyone hates him already, short hop all daaaay. Anyone want some games on XBL add me, my GT is the same as my username here

Man, the trials in this are rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

They've done it a lot like 3rd Strike Online. I for one am loving it. The combos trials in NW are pretty standard as fighting games go, but the tutorials in DS3 are fantastic. Main issue for me at the moment is settling on a character. Normally I pick the one or two that appeal to me most, which are generally few in any given game. But here, I'm interested in at least six of them.

Is anyone likely to be playing this at casuals?

Whenever Fergus gets it, I'll play it at casuals. Too lazy to buy a USB key that works with my Xbox.

Game owns, only played VSav but I dont know if Sasquatch Snowmen are in Night Warriors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

GorySnake wrote: »
    Whenever Fergus gets it, I'll play it at casuals. Too lazy to buy a USB key that works with my Xbox.

I thought that Xbox update back from a while ago made it so virtually every USB key works for saving Xbox content?

Advertisement