Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Planned increases in charges?

• 21-07-2011 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,333 ✭✭✭✭

Does ESB have any plans to increase their charges/tariffs? I ask because Bord Gais are on the rise and usually when one provide increases their charges the others will follow suit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I cant see how the others wont increase prices across the board. They'd be operating at possibly as much as 30% cheaper then bord gais and I cant believe they'll be making much profit from that if at all. They'll all increase their prices eventually, but by how much is what'll be interesting to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi muffler,

We have no immediate plans to revise our prices. However cookie1977 makes a relevant point, and, as evidenced by electricity and gas price increase announcements both here and in Britain (British Gas & Scottish Power) there are upward pressures on price, arising from increases in the cost of fuel over the past 12 months.

We'll continue to offer choice and value in the electricity and gas market, and don't forget that if you have signed up to our any of the price plans we announced in April, those discount rates (up 14% off standard rates for electricity-only customers, and 17% off for dual fuel customers) are guaranteed until 31st March 2012. See here for further details.

Thanks,

David.

Just so people understand this:
    don't forget that if you have signed up to our any of the price plans we announced in April, those discount rates (up 14% off standard rates for electricity-only customers, and 17% off for dual fuel customers) are guaranteed until 31st March 2012.

means to me that if bord gais increase rates by 10% then so will the ESB increase their rates by 10% while remaining cheaper then bordgais per the discounts guaranteed above. Hope that makes sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Hi muffler,

We have no immediate plans to revise our prices. However cookie1977 makes a relevant point, and, as evidenced by electricity and gas price increase announcements both here and in Britain (British Gas & Scottish Power) there are upward pressures on price, arising from increases in the cost of fuel over the past 12 months.

We'll continue to offer choice and value in the electricity and gas market, and don't forget that if you have signed up to our any of the price plans we announced in April, those discount rates (up 14% off standard rates for electricity-only customers, and 17% off for dual fuel customers) are guaranteed until 31st March 2012. See here for further details.

Thanks,

David.

Morning David. In the current offer, up to 6% off gas & up to 17% off electric, it states its up to 6% off "current bord gais standard rates" until 31/3/12. Does this mean it will be 6% less than the 3.932 rate they charge today (before the price rise) until the end of March, or will it track the BG rate and increase by up to 28% if thats the increase they have approved by the regulator? Its not obvious as the "current bord gais" rate claim could be interpreted either way. If BG put their rates up by 28%, or whatever, then maybe you would follow them up by 28% and you would still be honouring the 6% off BG current rates.

The fact you didnt mention about continuing to save the same on gas indicates you will track up when BG increase their rates. Could you clarify the situation please.

the policy only guarantees 6% less then standard bord gais rates so to me that means it "could" track the rate at 6% less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,333 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi muffler,

Thanks,

David.
    Many thanks for the reply David.

Appreciated.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

cookie1977 wrote: »
    the policy only guarantees 6% less then standard bord gais rates so to me that means it "could" track the rate at 6% less

You posted you question up as I was composing mine. You seem to suspect what I thought. Perhaps David, when he has a moment, can provide an official confirmation of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi guys,
    djrichard wrote:
    The fact you didnt mention about continuing to save the same on gas indicates you will track up when BG increase their rates. Could you clarify the situation please.

Sorry, I should have mentioned the 6% gas discount in the same post; Dual Supersaver customers, in addition to the 17% off the standard electricity rates, will continue to receive 6% off the regulated Bord Gáis unit rate until 31st March 2012.
    djrichard wrote:
    Does this mean it will be 6% less than the 3.932 rate they charge today (before the price rise) until the end of March, or will it track the BG rate and increase by up to 28% if thats the increase they have approved by the regulator?
    cookie1977 wrote:

Unfortunately we aren't in a position to comment as to whether or not our prices will track the proposed Bord Gáis increases.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement