Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matthews bus service

Options
123457»

Comments

Same price everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Hope they introduce leap cards on all routes soon. They are brill on the Bettystown bus..

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Hi folks,

what time is the 7am Drogheda bus arriving in to Parnell Street on these Summer mornings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

A couple of questions for people using the matthews commute service at 7am from Dundalk. i have been getting it from DKIT and was wondering if .....

1) The first onme that fills at 7am .... does it do straight on to IFSC.... avoiding city north ?
    2) What time do you have to be there at to get on that first one ?
    3) what time does the above one arrive at in IFSC ?
    4) Is there any free parking around if you drive to the marshes at 6.50 and if so, where ?
    5) I have got off the last few times at the first stop after the Port tunnell... behind the Point almost....... where is the next stop ?

Thanks in advance

miller82 wrote: »
    A couple of questions for people using the matthews commute service at 7am from Dundalk. i have been getting it from DKIT and was wondering if .....

1) The first onme that fills at 7am .... does it do straight on to IFSC.... avoiding city north ?
    2) What time do you have to be there at to get on that first one ?
    3) what time does the above one arrive at in IFSC ?
    4) Is there any free parking around if you drive to the marshes at 6.50 and if so, where ?
    5) I have got off the last few times at the first stop after the Port tunnell... behind the Point almost....... where is the next stop ?

Thanks in advance

1) Yeah straight to IFSC via Port Tunnel.
    2) 6.55 at the Marshes will probably get you on it, 6.50 to be certain.
    3) I've gotten off at the IFSC at 8.10 when the schools aren't in. Generally before 8.20 anyway.
    4) Not as such, no.
    5) Next stop is at Docklands railway station.

• Advertisement

1) Yeah straight to IFSC via Port Tunnel.
    2) 6.55 at the Marshes will probably get you on it, 6.50 to be certain.
    3) I've gotten off at the IFSC at 8.10 when the schools aren't in. Generally before 8.20 anyway.
    4) Not as such, no.
    5) Next stop is at Docklands railway station.

cheers.

HHmm, thought it would be a lot quicker with no stop at DKIT, or city north.

miller82 wrote: »
    cheers.

HHmm, thought it would be a lot quicker with no stop at DKIT, or city north.
    Well on Google Maps it says 1 hour without allowances for traffic. With "current traffic" it reckons an hour and 5 minutes and it's usually optimistic. Add 10 minutes for 100km/h instead of 120km/h on the motorway and the couple of stops after the tunnel and 1.15 is about as quick as it'll be.

Does anyone know the IFSC return stops? Want to get the Bettystown IFSC today and have no idea where it stops off!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the IFSC return stops? Want to get the Bettystown IFSC today and have no idea where it stops off!

Are you talking about the one that picks up at jury's ?
    If so drogheda and then takes the road towards dunleer I think then Fundalk

Thanks miller82! I actually phrased that wrong and wanted the stops in Dublin- thankfully you said Jurys so I was able to catch it! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

I have to be at beaumont hospital for 9am on Tuesday morning I got a travel pass for the appointment of the HSE but it says Bus Eireann/Irish Rail on it. Chancing my arm here but would I be able to use this on the Matthews coach? Matthews have a coach leaving at 07:30 which would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,924 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    I have to be at beaumont hospital for 9am on Tuesday morning I got a travel pass for the appointment of the HSE but it says Bus Eireann/Irish Rail on it. Chancing my arm here but would I be able to use this on the Matthews coach? Matthews have a coach leaving at 07:30 which would be perfect.

Can't see Matthews taking a pre-paid Bus Eireann ticket. Why do you think they would?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Matthews do accept travel passes (as in the oap ones) but I'm not sure if they have to be used outside peak times. Best to check directly with matthews

Advertisement