Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Age Restrictions

Options
  • 21-07-2011 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Whats the deal with the age for getting tattoos? can you get one if your 16+ ? or are there different ages for different studios? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Whats the deal with the age for getting tattoos? can you get one if your 16+ ? or are there different ages for different studios? Cheers

there is a load of threads about this have a search, there isnt any legal age but good tattoo parlours normally dont tattoo anyone under 18 and to be honest I got a tattoo when I was 17 im only 20 now and if I had waited even a year I would have relised it was a bad decision so you should really wait until your 18 for your bodys sake theres no need to rush it. best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wait until you're 18. No reputable studio will ink you until then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

The very fact that you spelt yer user name in leet means yer not old enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

The very fact that you spelt yer user name in leet means yer not old enough

Ugh, I'm disappointed in you Raze, anybody who's anybody knows that it's called 1337 or 13375p34k...:rolleyes:

:pac:

But anyway OP look at it this way, there are no laws or regulations in Ireland regarding tattooing or piercing, however it's considered good practice not to tattoo minors, just like it's considered good practice to be extremely careful about not risking transmission of blood-borne diseases between clients, as such many of us feel that if a studio is willing to be flexible on one....:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 verlona12

Most studios won't ink you until you are 18, although I know a lot of people that have gotten tattoos under that age, but I'd say go with Dublin Ink or Wildcat, they are the best in my opinion, I have one done from each

• Advertisement
Advertisement