Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Grant / Funding ?

Options
  • 21-07-2011 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi Boards, just spent a few hours online researching online about information about grants for start up businesses with no results.

Myself and my friend are interested in starting up our own local news site and are curious is there any type of grant available for new businesses?I heard a mention about local enterprise boards but figured I would post on here and ask.

Thanks.

(After reading another thread on here I now know how tough it is to get a grant but is there any type of support funding available)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

You might ask the enterprise board, but honestly I don't think you need any funds. Use http://www.gettingbusinessonline.ie/ to get a free domain and hosting for a year, install wordpress and learn how to use it on youtube. That's all you need for a local news site. The only investment needed is time and people to write content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fearlessmike

Is there a list or a site I could go to that would have all the different places I could apply to for a business startup grant.

I know the enterprise boards do it but are there any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

you could try basis.ie, however the "public-at-large" i.e. the state, does not give grants for non-export startups.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bowlerjd

try www.smecapitalfunds.ie , i saw they have a facebook page aswell and gave them a look. they seem to fairly new but cover a few different business things

• Registered Users Posts: 20 pmcb_aura

Hi Not sure if im on the right thread but I have a business idea with my brother. Its unique (worldwide) as in it has only been suggested by two academic papers and has a world wide audience. It could be delivered over the web or in specific rural locations through a CD. My brother is unemployed and I am employed. The business would initially (1 year) need 0 to 2 staff and then expand slightly. If it took off 50% of the staff would be R&D. I am unwilling to leave my job currently. Does anyone have any idea of the grants, expertise, ect available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ReubenatBullet

I think this might help show insights into where to source funding http://blog.bullethq.com/the-finances-of-a-startup-sources-of-finance/

Advertisement