Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

harvest 2020

• 22-07-2011 1:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Are we serious about harvest 2020 ? If you want to improve your land you may have to apply for permission. Crazy country that ties your hands behind youre back and still expects 50% increase in production ? A new quota:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Harvest 2020 is already out of date given the new regime under CAP III post 2013 which places much more emphasis on a holistic approach to rural development. In any case it was rather unimaginitive and would more than likely lead to fewer farm families and hasten a decline in the fortunes of most rural areas as it would simply lead to fewer bigger farms - indeed much of its thinking appeared to be stuck in some 80's time-warp:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Harvest 2020 is already out of date given the new regime under CAP III post 2013 which places much more emphasis on a holistic approach to rural development. In any case it was rather unimaginitive and would more than likely lead to fewer farm families and hasten a decline in the fortunes of most rural areas as it would simply lead to fewer bigger farms - indeed much of its thinking appeared to be stuck in some 80's time-warp:rolleyes:

Don't we actually need fewer bigger farms though?

Fragmented farms and small farms are 2 of the biggest problems in Irish farming in my opinion

(BTW I'm not talking about creating thousand acre ranches)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Tipp Man wrote: »

Fragmented farms and small farms are 2 of the biggest problems in Irish farming in my opinion

(BTW I'm not talking about creating thousand acre ranches)

What is a "small farm"?

Not trying to be funny, but I dont know what a small farm is now?
    Are farms (or should they) measured in terms of the money (or average potential money) they could generate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Tipp Man wrote: »

That would be a receipe for further social/economic decline in rural areas IMO - the CAP is sold to EU tax-payers in many countries as maintaining traditional rural landscapes and environments in order to maintain general public support for various payments to farmers, as well as supporting industries like Tourism, traditional products etc. In any case there is unlikely to be much political will across the EU to channel an ever bigger share of SFP payments to the biggest farmers(and big agri corporations in many cases).

Advertisement