Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Van Help

Options
  • 22-07-2011 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Interested in getting A Ford Transit,Opel Vivaro,Niassan Primastar,And a Renault Traffic, But Not Sure Which To go for, Has Anyone Any Ideas Or Know Anything About These?
    Thanks,
    David.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Get a Hiace.

The transits are mostly good but the Renault trafic(with whatever badge on it) is only to be considered if your business brings you to garages alot anyway!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Get a Hiace.

The transits are mostly good but the Renault trafic(with whatever badge on it) is only to be considered if your business brings you to garages alot anyway!:eek:

ya have come across hiaces:) are they good yes? havnt heard much about them:
    thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Get a Hiace.

I know of a very trouble free 07 Nissan primastar 170k on the clock. only servicing and a new radiator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Slushfund

Have ye never heard of "Hosanna in the Hiace" bud ?
    Dat van is yer only man.

but if you're stuck, or need a bit more room the transit's not a bad yoke.
    Forget about the rest.

pudzey101 wrote: »
    ya have come across hiaces:) are they good yes? havnt heard much about them:
    thanks!!

They are an old design, and perhaps not as nice to drive as the newer vans mentioned, but they are probably the most reliable workhorse out there.
    shblob wrote: »
    I know of a very trouble free 07 Nissan primastar 170k on the clock. only servicing and a new radiator.

I hope the owner does the lotto!:eek:

• Advertisement

nope, never even knew they had much issues!! still on the original clutch.. few sets of tyres, and servicing..

the interior is in pieces though and looks like a warzone but all works!

Tink a Hiace will what ill be on the market for so!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

From what I've heard the new ish Transits are awful unreliable, no where near the previous gen.

The Traffics can be unreliable, but they're possibly the nicest to drive and most car-like van one could buy IMO.

The Traffics can be unreliable, but they're possibly the nicest to drive and most car-like van one could buy IMO.

Agreed, they are the nicest to drive. But as I've said before, surely the point of a van is to be as reliable as possible and to have minimal outlay on repairs other then servicing over its life. These are criteria that, in most cases, the trafic/vivaro/primastar fails to meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭yourpics

Hiace can be sore on the juice

Transit is v good

VW Transporter is the daddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Agreed, they are the nicest to drive. But as I've said before, surely the point of a van is to be as reliable as possible and to have minimal outlay on repairs other then servicing over its life. These are criteria that, in most cases, the trafic/vivaro/primastar fails to meet.

I know a good few fellas who had Transit recovery trucks and sold them because they were so unreliable, cousin had a van since 06 and he had nothing but trouble with it.

ya kind of looking for something thats good on the juice aswell:)

selling the astra already pudzey!!

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/2353986

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Chippy01

From what I've heard the new ish Transits are awful unreliable, no where near the previous gen..

That's what I've heard too........ from courier van drivers!!!!!
    When the new version came out, they upgraded. A couple of months later they were 'upgrading' to the previous models again.:eek:
    Not like Ford to get their bread and butter load luggers wrong..:confused:

Our old '99 Transit is just shy of only 100,000 miles, but it starts first time, runs like a watch and could pull a wall down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

The only real bother the new transits give is EGR valve problems. They are not that bad on flywheels either. They are much nicer to drive than the previous one.
    Nissan primastar, renault trafic, vauxhall vivaro all the same except the badges, all bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭barura

Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but on the subject of vans, where is a place that has a wide selection? I'm interested in buying one for a project and would like to be able to check out a few in one place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

barura wrote: »
    Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but on the subject of vans, where is a place that has a wide selection? I'm interested in buying one for a project and would like to be able to check out a few in one place.

Here, every Tuesday :)

Advertisement