Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance - Is Quinns Essential Starter the cheapest there is ?

Options
  • 22-07-2011 6:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi, I have been going through the websites of the private health insurers and so far the cheapest I have found for 1 single person is Quinns Essential Starter for 455 euros.

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is any cheaper plan out there that I have somehow missed ? or is this the lowest there is in the marketplace ?

Thanks for any advice. Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭NuMarvel

Based on the Health Insurance Authority's website, that's the lowest price you'll find, unless you want a package with no hospital cover (i.e. out-patient cover only).

If you pay by instalment, you'll have a 3% surchage, but even with that it's the lowest price on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Have a good think as to why you want cover and where you would want cover. The cheap inpatient plans are fine for public hospitals but will cost you an arn and leg if you go elsewhere. Crash your car without insurance or adequate insurance and it will be similar.

Advertisement