Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do with fresh mint?

Options
  • 22-07-2011 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I have a lot of mint growing in my garden. I think it is a spearmint. Any ideas of what I can do with it? Would it make a nice tea dried (or does that have to be peppermint)?

So far, I use it regularly in jugs of water for a refreshing drink, and have made a mint sauce with vinegar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Make some Mojitos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

take a look here for some inspiration
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/search.do?keywords=mint

but as GreenBicycle said Mojitos would be the way to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

A touch of mint will make a mushroom soup taste more mushroomy. Other then that, mohito all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Wow - thats a lot of votes for Mojito! I'm sorry to say I've never tasted one, is it a rum based cocktail with (i'm guessing) mint?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tabouleh.

Salsa Verde.

Yes, mint tea is good - best with green tea, I like Gunpowder tea (available in any Asian store) and a little honey to taste.

I also do a lovely fresh relish that goes really well with curries: Very finely chop equal parts mint,coriander and some fresh ginger. Add a spoon of sugar, some salt and the juice of a lime and mix well. Sorry, no quantities!

And of course Mojito!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

We used to make mint tea on the bbq at family get togethers. My father in law has an enamel teapot that could sit in the coals. He would add a regular teabag to the pot with a couple of sprigs of mint and a load of sugar. This was left to infuse over the residual heat of the bbq while we ate. Then it was poured from some height into glasses and sipped, Very refreshing and very sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 soon2bemrs

ah once ya've tried a mojito theres no turning back...............there the easiest coctail to make for friends and taste mmmmmmmm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojito

Advertisement