Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco ardkeen worker attacked?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Fair play to the lads who followed him apparently it was a woman who intervened, by shouting at him and then the womans husband stepped in after he approached her. Lots of men standing around scratching their heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭paraletic

deisemum wrote: »
    When I lived in the UK I regularly did occupational first aid courses, every 3 years at the time but I had to take out insurance to cover myself in case of someone turning around and sueing me for something like described or if someone stole my property while I was carrying out first aid or I got injured. £6 per year back then but worth it for peace of mind.

When I've done my first aid courses here I enquired about it but was told it's not done here and that a judge wouldn't entertain it anyway. That's what I've been told so maybe it's different for professionals.

libra02 wrote: »
    Put it this way I know of a person who stopped to give CPR to a man who collapsed in the street. He saved the mans life and the paramedics and hospital said this but the guy ended up sueing the man who saved his life stating oh he caused me worse damage by bruising his ribs or something along those lines. See what I mean you be a good samartain and it ends up with more grief.

if that guy sued anyone who stopped to help him, he probably lost.

although there is no good samaritan act in irish law, if you stop to try and help somebody, providing you are acting reasonably, and in the best interest of the other person, then you will be protected under irish law if they try to sue you.

i think the prehospital emergency care council took a test case to clear up the issue.

people shouldn't be afraid to try and help, and that is the reason why irish law does protect 'good samaritans'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

hearny wrote: »
    Lots of men standing around scratching their heads.

that may well have been the case but these are strange times we live in, and I know alot of fellas would have been thinking these crazy fooker could have a knife or anything, also you touch a black and you risk the chance of being branded and done for racial hate crimes, theres too many bleeding hearts out there standing up for these individuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

also you touch a black and you risk the chance of being branded and done for racial hate crimes, theres too many bleeding hearts out there standing up for these individuals

Not if you come to the aid of someone being attacked by said individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

you touch a black and you risk the chance of being branded and done for racial hate crimes

:eek:

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Not if you come to the aid of someone being attacked by said individual.

I don't know to be honest, in a perfect world yes, but in ireland no

:eek:

well thats what he was, he wasnt white,yellow,green or pink....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

well thats what he was, he wasnt white,yellow,green or pink....

That's right. He was "a black". And it's 1952.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I don't know to be honest, in a perfect world yes, but in ireland no

Situation: A black man is beating the living ****e out of someone on the street and you stop him.

You will be branded a racist by some? Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

A mad f**king world isn't it!

A woman gets a few slaps & the arguement is about racism.

Nothing about assult but just racism!

Ye're a shallow bunch of individuals who spout out what

could & should have been done. It was probably over in a few

seconds & I assume disbelief at what happened overtook everybody!

Hopefully she'll be ok & they get the bas**rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eamonn3974

eamonn3974 ur so ridiculous haha
    This is a discussion regarding the attack of a tesco worker.Your comment is out of place Munsterman2008 and is clearly nothing more than a poor attempt at aggravation and insult.Unless you've got something valuable to add to this rethoric than save your petty remarks as such a pathetic effort at insult is truely childish and by it nature and context....ridiculous!
    Sadly, since the Guards refused your many applications to join their ranks, largely due to your past transgressions and that abhorant personality of yours that haunts your every action, you feel robbed of that need for power and influence you so desperately require to fill the nasty shallow void deep within you.Too much time lingering on Collage Street has mixed with your now recently failed dreams of a livelihood in business and H.R managment and has brought you to this; an opinionated egomania and a false sense of self-importance as you huddle over your laptop on the Dunmore Road posting comments that have neither point nor purpose.
    As cathartic as it must be for you to vent your feeble opinion by passing unsolicited remarks towards me I must seriously suggest you get a life or at the very least,put some effort and craft into your insults.With that,I bid you good day & good ridance as I'll surely be banned from this site as you'll got bitching to a moderator like the whinny menstrual ****e that you are so with nothing more to add, let my last words be these..... You sir, are a true bonified one hundred percent ****!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

eamonn3974 wrote: »
    This is a discussion regarding the attack of a tesco worker.Your comment is out of place Munsterman2008 and is clearly nothing more than a poor attempt at aggravation and insult.Unless you've got something valuable to add to this rethoric than save your petty remarks as such a pathetic effort at insult is truely childish and by it nature and context....ridiculous!
    Sadly, since the Guards refused your many applications to join their ranks, largely due to your past transgressions and that abhorant personality of yours that haunts your every action, you feel robbed of that need for power and influence you so desperately require to fill the nasty shallow void deep within you.Too much time lingering on Collage Street has mixed with your now recently failed dreams of a livelihood in business and H.R managment and has brought you to this; an opinionated egomania and a false sense of self-importance as you huddle over your laptop on the Dunmore Road posting comments that have neither point nor purpose.
    As cathartic as it must be for you to vent your feeble opinion by passing unsolicited remarks towards me I must seriously suggest you get a life or at the very least,put some effort and craft into your insults.With that,I bid you good day & good ridance as I'll surely be banned from this site as you'll got bitching to a moderator like the whinny menstrual ****e that you are so with nothing more to add, let my last words be these..... You sir, are a true bonified one hundred percent ****!:D:D:D

Banned. Again.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

A mad f**king world isn't it!

A woman gets a few slaps & the arguement is about racism.

Nothing about assult but just racism!

Ye're a shallow bunch of individuals who spout out what

could & should have been done. It was probably over in a few

seconds & I assume disbelief at what happened overtook everybody!

Hopefully she'll be ok & they get the bas**rd.

I hope she will be OK with time as well man.

But when overt racism is spouted, whether it be in verbal or written form, it must be challenged at every step. Period!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

Personally I don't agree!

And I quote, ''never argue with a fool as people

might not know the difference''

That quote by the way is not directed

towards anyone or any comment, ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Personally I don't agree!

And I quote, ''never argue with a fool as people

might not know the difference''

That quote by the way is not directed

towards anyone or any comment, ok!

We live in a relatively free society and as such you are entitled to your opinion.

If you think that by arguing against racism it makes you a fool, then so be it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Winghunter

My blood boils reading these half minded comments,the simple fact of the matter a person was attacked in a public place,a place where she should have been safe and no body except one woman who put herself in harms way to break up this vicious attack and tryed to help.
    This woman I salaute as a brave and caring person.
    The rest of the people who stood by and let it happen and the so called security gaurd who left this dirty bastard walk out of the store, well I hope you all sleep well in your beds at night,cowards one and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pump101

This is probably the most outragous thread I have read on this site, the like of the language,racism,personal abuse and just plain silly stuff has actually shocked me, in fact I think quite a few of the said comments were made while under the influence of alcohol or drugs or both or not enough drugs come to think of it.

Hope to poor woman is okay anyway and justice prevails.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Did they catch the fooker who did this evil act?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

As far as I know, the guards know who it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

^ and I hope he is prosecuted to within an inch of his life. My gf works in a supermarket and the thoughts of this happenin to her have made me sick to my stomach. And I don't care who you are or who you work for, if I found out you stood by and watched on while it happened, you are as disgusting to me as the person who did it. Fair play to the lads who tailed yer man home. And the woman and her husband who stepped in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
    - Edmund Burke

Advertisement