Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holiday body

• 22-07-2011 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Okay, hello all!

Just booked a last minute holiday am going sooner than I had expected so need some help. Anyone have any tips on how to get my body holiday ready quickly? I'm most interested in how to get my feet sorted really, but cant afford any expensive creams or treatments.

Oh and also am getting a facial but does anyone know the best time to get the facial done...like a week before going or a day or whatever?

If anyone has any beauty tricks to improve your body I would much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

For the feet, get a foot file and get rid of all the dead skin! Coat them in moisturiser and wear clean cotton socks to bed. When you wake up your feet will be so soft! Then file and shape your nails, paint a lovely summer colour and use a top coat to avoid chipping.

I would get the facial done a week in advance. The reason for this is if you have some kind of reaction (could have blotchy skin afterwards) you have time to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭dazey

Scholl and other relatively cheap brands do a one use intensive cream which you apply at night and it has enzymes which basically eat away at all the rough skin, ew I know but it works! Also the ped egg which you use to slough away the skin on the feet. Then just buff and paint the nails and finish with some rich cream.

As for the body, scrub using a handful of salt mixed in with your normal shower wash, defuzz yourself in whatever way you prefer and slap on some fake tan - it makes cellulite look better and is slimming all over, Penneys do a cheap tinted one called St. Moriz.

A nice oil to add sheen to the body is lovely as well for adding a healthy glow.

If you have more time i.e. a week there are a couple of lotions by Soap & Glory from Boots that smooth the skin on the legs, thighs and tummy. No magic answer to transforming yourself over night!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭LadyHeart

Thanks girls, got the Scholl foot stuff lashed it on last night and put some cotton socks on and my feet are gloriously soft today :)

Gonna start exfoliating using the salt with my shower gel and gonna start building up my gradual tan on Tuesday. I'm going on Monday so a little time to prepare. I was looking for the Soap and Glory stuff yesterday but couldn't see any but was in a rush so couldn't have a proper goo may go today or tomoro and suss it out. I actually got the leg one in a special offer with loads of stuff at xmas for my friend and she said it was amazing so I have to get my hands on it. Can't remember the name tho.

Advertisement