Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Issues

Options
  • 22-07-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys, I have a question.

My mother would be a foster carer so she would be getting a small allowance, now it was not entirely throughout the year (2010). The question is which department would I contact to get a balance statement for this.

As I know it, it won't be taken into account for income but it still does have to be declared right?

I tried the CWO and apparently he didn't deal with that aspect, so has anybody ever had to get proof of this from themselves and if so, how did you go about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

CylonYoda wrote: »
    Hi guys, I have a question.

My mother would be a foster carer so she would be getting a small allowance, now it was not entirely throughout the year (2010). The question is which department would I contact to get a balance statement for this.

As I know it, it won't be taken into account for income but it still does have to be declared right?

I tried the CWO and apparently he didn't deal with that aspect, so has anybody ever had to get proof of this from themselves and if so, how did you go about it?

Id say contact the local HSE office and ask them

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/LHO/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mareliada

hum, tricky one. im a social worker and a foster carer.
    you are right, the allowance does nto count as a means of income in the technical sense, but yes you would need to be up front. cwo do not deal with this at all it is the social work dept and a specific dept called fsterign payments, i don't know what part of country you are from. get your mam to talk to her fostering social worker they shoudl be able to give you soem fomr of letter outlining that the allowance is specifically for the needs of the child. this should help. if your mam is on social welfare or there is other income in your family this is what the grant should be based on.
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mareliada

hum, tricky one. im a social worker and a foster carer.
    you are right, the allowance does nto count as a means of income in the technical sense, but yes you would need to be up front. cwo do not deal with this at all it is the social work dept and a specific dept called fsterign payments, i don't know what part of country you are from. get your mam to talk to her fostering social worker they shoudl be able to give you soem fomr of letter outlining that the allowance is specifically for the needs of the child. this should help. if your mam is on social welfare or there is other income in your family this is what the grant should be based on.
    good luck

Advertisement