Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of Equity on a mortgage and the bank changing their security

Options
  • 22-07-2011 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Ok, so I own a property that is in negative equity about 128% loan to value. The rental is about 60% of the monthly mortgage repayments. I have a bidder on my property and have the opportunity to buy another property that is a city centre performing asset.

What I want to know is has anyone seen any bank change the security from one property to another that would have a better chance of performing. I would have to carry the negative equity with me but the new property would bring the bank back to approximately 90-100% loan to value and the rental yield would be three times the current rental yield and would be surplus to the mortgage repayments.

I can get the bridging finance from a family member to facilitate the transaction.

Any thoughts?

Advertisement