Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Tap?

• 22-07-2011 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Had UPC Tv until last year before I switched to Sky, got UPC modem yesterday for a self install, plugged it in to the wall socket but got no signal.

Noticed the drop cable to the house had been disconnected from the tap, got on phone to UPC support they said the BB was active so I reconnected the cable, still no signal. Now there are two taps, one thicker with grey cable and a thinner black one. Both don't work?

BTW, UPC didnt seem to object to me just screwing it back in, just don't want to wait till next week for a engineer to call out. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I thin you're going to have to wait. The problem could be anywhere along their lines. I had to have cable replaced a few months back due to drop outs. The problem was on the street, underground, so nothing I could have done about it.

Advertisement