Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a foreign bank

Options
  • 22-07-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I have a personal account, a joint account, a business account and two credit cards with Bank of Ireland. A few DD and SO coming from each account - mainly the joint.

How easy would it be for me to move these accounts to a different country but remain living and doing business in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dragonbet

Why????

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

dragonbet wrote: »
    Why????

Wat is peoples fasination with foreign banks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Fear of a eurozone failure maybe!

Dealing with this a lot on a day to day basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

Heard of people here opening sterling hold accounts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Yeah but most banks have a large min balance needed to open. So the alternative is a working stg account.

Making about 4-5 appointments a week for cross boarder branches to get accounts open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The costs of using a sterling account based in the UK would be quite high if you're using the account for day-to-day expenses, DDs, SOs etc. Deposit accounts I can understand but moving daily banking facilities over if you're still living in ROI would cost a fortune in fees.

Advertisement