Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

galway melodic death/black metal band.

• 22-07-2011 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hi im looking to start a melodic death/black metal band in the galway area in the vein of dark tranquility, chthonic, cradle of filth, devildriver. i play guitar and vocals. any body interested let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

What age are you and whereabouts in Galway are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 blessed1

hey man im 24 yrs old.based in athenry but no problem with travelling a small bit.what do you play? you can hear my guitar and vocals here http://myspace.com/TheBlessingWay1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

How did you record those songs? Not my style. I'm more into progressive metal but the sound quality is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Agreed, sound quality is better than a lot of albums I own :)
    Nice riffs too

HB

thanks lads. me and my brother recorded these tracks with a guy out in kinvara,hes got his own home studio. dirt cheap as well. he gives a seriously heavy sound alright! now anybody interested in starting a band?!!

• Advertisement

blessed1 wrote: »
    hey man im 24 yrs old.based in athenry but no problem with travelling a small bit.what do you play? you can hear my guitar and vocals here http://myspace.com/TheBlessingWay1
    Wow, those are some savage sounding tracks. Are you looking to play them in a new band or are you looking to write new stuff or a mixture of both options?

For the record I play bass primarily but I also play guitar. My most regularly played guitars are pictured here and this is my amp.

I'm based in Barna so playing in the city centre would suit me best but I can definitely head out to Athenry for a jam to see how things go.

good to hear you like them. id be looking at doing a new band as me and my brother are going to be doing this stuff on the side. i still wanna play stuff along the same lines though,might stick to vocals for this though and see if i can round up other guitarists etc.have you any material written i could hear before we organise a jam,even rough recording would do the job. cheers.

have you any material written i could hear before we organise a jam
    I've nothing online basswise. I've got quite a few half-written bits and bobs but they aren't recorded, just tabbed out using Guitar Pro. This is a link to a gig my old band played in Sally Longs. I'm the guitarist.

no bothers man best thing we could do is get together for a jam some evening next week if that suits ya. friday and saturday evenings would suit me fine if thats good with you.sure let me know.cheers ollie.

sundays are good for me as well.

• Advertisement

no bothers man best thing we could do is get together for a jam some evening next week if that suits ya. friday and saturday evenings would suit me fine if thats good with you.sure let me know.cheers ollie.
    PM sent.

have a few people interested in this so far.any drummers and keyboard players out there want to give this a go let me know.

Advertisement