Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Educate Together Waiting Lists

• 22-07-2011 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondered if anyone has any kind of idea of the lenght of waiting lists for Educate Together Schools in Dublin. My Son is only 2 months old so maybe bit early for wondering I know! What kind of age should I be starting to think about putting his name on waiting list for a school??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

I don't want to panic you but I would not wait another minute, my kids go to an ET school and the names were put down the day they were born, as soon as we knew the sex to put on the form. My eldest was 5 weeks old and we were late at that, and it has only got worse since then! Generally the waiting lists are long and they may have a sibling policy which means that they may only have a few places to offer to "new" families. Good luck.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It depends on the school, you need to contact any school you are interested in and see what their policy is. We are not an ET school but use siblings, and then first come first served as our policy and have a long list for 2015 already!!

Many ET schools don't use a sibling policy -check this out with the individual school, or if there are siblings, they could end up in different schools!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Thanks, I have contacted the school and I have put my son on the waiting list, there are only 7 others ahead of him so far on the list so just as well I pre-enrolled him when I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

I thought primary schools had a pre-enrolment form to fill in and then the year your kids are due to start they send out actual enrolment forms. And that you could be the first to pre-enroll but then the schools used criteria to select kids e.g. if religious school are you that faith, are you in the local parish, do you have sibling in the school. I know our nearest Educate Together had something insane like 200 kids for 30 places last September and around 20 of those were pre-allocated to those that had siblings there?
    Also I've been tryiong to contact another school recently, is that impossible over the summer months?

Advertisement