Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best burger in cork city?

Options
  • 22-07-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

hey,
    heading to cork today - can any one suggest somewhere for decent sit down burger?

somewhere like the country or joburger would be great.

thanks,
    MiCr0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I've only ever visited for breakfast (fantastic), but I'd give Liberty Grill a go.

http://www.libertygrillcork.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

I'd agree with Libertygrill

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Liberty Grill and it's not even close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bullys in Paul St was always my number 1 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I love Liberty Grill but never had their burgers so I'll go with Ketchup Grill on Paul Street - where Bullys used to be. Had a burger there recently and it was yum!! Pretty cheap too.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

leahyl wrote: »
    I love Liberty Grill but never had their burgers so I'll go with Ketchup Grill on Paul Street - where Bullys used to be. Had a burger there recently and it was yum!! Pretty cheap too.:)

Ketchup does rather nice burgers - Liberty Grill is still hard to beat though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

short bus trip to Douglas and grab a burger at KC's and sit outside on the footpath...end.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

evilivor wrote: »
    Ketchup does rather nice burgers - Liberty Grill is still hard to beat though.

mmmm must try one of theirs soon so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Gourmet Burger at the bottom of Patrick's Hill - nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

Dudess wrote: »

and their onion rings... oohh heaven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Hillbillys after a feed of pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,243 ✭✭✭Esse85

Lennox - Jackie Deloux

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

short bus trip to Douglas and grab a burger at KC's and sit outside on the footpath...end.:D

If you're going to go to douglas I wouldn't get a burger in KC's! Sure they have great creoles, steak sandwiches etc...but burgers...

Might as well get one in Eco's if you're going to Douglas!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

In the city, I've always liked the burgers in Soho!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

Sorry think it's worth reviving the thread!
    I had a massive 1/2 pound burger from the fish wife on McCurtain street that has topped my list. Also someone said bodega does a great one...
    Anyone know somewhere that does a burger Bigger than 1/2 pound?

Dudess wrote: »

and their onion rings... oohh heaven

Second that! Once went there just for onion rings!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

KCS by a mile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Negative to all of those suggestions.

The hands down best burger in the city for size and quality of the meat is SoHo, when you order the burger, just ask for an extra burger on top of it, they charge an extra €3 or something. Get their coconut rice instead of chips. Better than Gourmet, Liberty Grill, KC's and all the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 thelungs

Gourmet burger bistro. Bridge street. great choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Soho do fantastic burgers, however, my own favourite is Scoozis. Great choice of burgers but you can't beat the Sicilian - Pesto mayonnaise, hazelnut, swiss cheese and bacon :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I had a burger in 14a on French Church St a few weeks ago and it was bloody magnificent.

Since the demise of Bullys Paul St though, nothing has come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Then you need to get to Bullys in Douglas. Thanks feeling hungry now - these Cork foody threads always get me in the mood to EAT!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I can't decide between KCs and Gourmet Burger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Going to KCs for a burger? Blasphemy!

Dermighty wrote: »
    Negative to all of those suggestions.

The hands down best burger in the city for size and quality of the meat is SoHo, when you order the burger, just ask for an extra burger on top of it, they charge an extra €3 or something. Get their coconut rice instead of chips. Better than Gourmet, Liberty Grill, KC's and all the others.

Cheers. Have heard a couple of good reports about soho burgers so must give them a try. Never really think about soho for food to be honest...not sure why. Do you eat upstairs or downstairs or is there a difference?

newbee22 wrote: »
    I can't decide between KCs and Gourmet Burger!

KCs never did it for me to be honest. I'm by no means a health freak but I never feel good after eating there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Ronan cork wrote: »
    Cheers. Have heard a couple of good reports about soho burgers so must give them a try. Never really think about soho for food to be honest...not sure why. Do you eat upstairs or downstairs or is there a difference?

It's the same food, I prefer upstairs as I find all the tv's annoying.

The food during the day isn't a patch on the food at night (different chefs maybe), any time I ate there before 7pmish it's always been fairly poor.

I would have thought of SoHo as being a load of crap until I ate there a few times and realised that it's actual one of the best if not the best restaurant of that type in the city (chicken wings, burgers etc). Their sandwiches and breakfast and stuff isn't worth mentioning, nor are their nachos but the burgers and wings are my favourite in Cork.

I need a lot of protein so when I want to go eat in a restaurant after a session in the gym I go to SoHo.

Advertisement