Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beers

Options
  • 22-07-2011 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

Any heads in here up for a Dundalk beers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

yep, I'm good to go anytime if it's a place you can hear yourself talking. My interests, Mac & Pc cross platform .Podcasting, garageband, Travel Japan, SOHO business, and a bunch of other stuff, maybe swap a few ideas for making money, regular meetup to brainstorm possible ideas etc bla bla, or just go with the flow . PM to get me started.

I also need to borrow a #00 screw driver to change the harddrive on a Mac Book , could be done at the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

^^^^ :D .Its BEERS!! Not a business meeting!! Try and seperate the two.

^^^^ :D .Its BEERS!! Not a business meeting!! Try and seperate the two.

I see you have not yet made any progress in your English syntax or spelling. Perhaps you could let us all know what you are talking about ?

How are you doing there ShizDink? I thought it was Insurgent who was going to organize the BEERS. You have now upset the idiot troll coward by mentioning tea, so expect a reminder from him to separate the two.

Yep I'm good for Tea at the pub , Let's call it TEAS and talk about Cats, shoes, dancing and screw drivers .

Phillips #00 Screwdriver usually a magnetic tiny tip tool .

shindig-jp wrote: »
    I see you have not yet made any progress in your English syntax or spelling.

Ahh sure i did'nt want to disappoint you shindig. :cool:
    Perhaps you could let us all know what you are talking about ?

Sure i will explain all at the beers !
    See you then. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Aah the BEERS is over. :rolleyes:

Aah the BEERS is over. :rolleyes:

sad_smiley_face.jpg

:mad::D

10greenbottles I’ll give you a moment of my life.

I bought a desk lamp to use at home, because the table clamp of the old one was broken. The new one has a bulb that uses an LED (light-emitting diode), a kind of semiconductor light source if you are not familiar with the acronym.
    It was a bit expensive but was seduced by the ad displayed at the store saying the lamp consumes only about one-fifth of the electricity that an incandescent lamp uses but lasts about 50,000 hours.
    I often come home late at night, and use a desk lamp for a few hours every night.
    When I calculated how much I would use the lamp, it occurred to me that the lamp would possibly outlive my lifetime.
    Now I started thinking about that, I began to feel strange thinking I am borrowing it from someone who would use it after I die.
    I once read somewhere a piece of wisdom handed down from generation to generation among Native Americans Indians. As I recall, it went something like: "We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children."
    This wisdom may have a little in common with my humble thoughts about my new desk lamp.
    But it reminds me of numerous things that we borrow from our descendants but all we do is damage them:
    The latest natural disaster and the mad man in Norway makes me think about important things like that, even when doing unimportant shopping.
    Perhaps an intelligent comment from you rather than a sweeping swipe at people who post here would be more beneficial to all of us. You could entertain us with a musing from you that would or might put sunshine into our rainy summer season here.

BLAH! BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!.........
    Perhaps an intelligent comment from you rather than a sweeping swipe at people who post here would be more beneficial to all of us.
    What an incredibly wild and stupid post.
    What sweeping swipes would be talking about shindig?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ShizDink

10 Green bottles and Shindig have you guys met before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I, for one, am glad we got that cleared up.

What an incredibly wild and stupid post.
    What sweeping swipes would be talking about shindig?

Moderators:

Surely you will recognize I have exposed something here by using the very techniks the Trollope will use (excuse the pun Trollope) . . Yes I am guilty of Baiting a person by my intelligence tu which the party involved shows it's colours on equal halves. I agree . I have now committed the cardinal, of being a troll or can i exonerate myself by proceeding to invite by challenge in open debate the person 10green bottles to the extreme of his intelligence. I am throwing down the Gauntlet to you 10 Green Bottles to open your grievence . You can show your cards or I'll take the lead.

let the games begin.

I kinda want the louth beers to go ahead now :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Folks, what in the name of Caprica is going on here? Ok so the first -1 has to go to 10green bottles for merely replying to shindig-jp, although a smiley face excuses that. Then shindig-jp decides to crusade against 10green bottles. Now I don't really know the history or what qualifications shindig-jp thinks he has, but enough of the crap please. I would suggest that the OP tries again in a few months as the topic is now contaminated I would think.

Then why no lock the blasted thing to get it out of our hair?

Anyway, the BEERS was last week. It's over!!! (And was a huge success)

delly wrote: »
    the topic is now contaminated I would think.

lol
    Anyway, the BEERS was last week. It's over!!!

awww

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Did one drop the hand on the other at the BEERS or something? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Maybe shindig and 10 green bottles could sign up for white collar boxing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

But I like beers. Where was my invite ?

indiewindy wrote: »
    Maybe shindig and 10 green bottles could sign up for white collar boxing!!

Cool comment, obviously you can read between the lines. Yes, my target was to lift the intelligence of contributor forum posts and to weed out the nonsensical.

It would be pleasant to have Dundalk 'Beers' with progressive and critical minded thinkers and 'Can Do' people, rather than have to deal with a less than qualified keyboard jockey continually taking a swipe with rubbish comments and destroying something before it has started.

I am still willing to meet people for a beer , show my face and not cower or cringe in fear behind a keyboard.

BTW , I am a Blue Collar worker .

• Advertisement

It would be pleasant to have Dundalk 'Beers' with progressive and critical minded thinkers and 'Can Do' people, rather than have to deal with a less than qualified keyboard jockey blah blah blah

I refer you back to post #3 in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73442308&postcount=3

When you can seperate a "beers" from an early morning coffee "brainstorming" get together then you may be able to relax yourself enough to join in the with the rest off us in the normal World!! :cool:

Cool comment, obviously you can read between the lines. Yes, my target was to lift the intelligence of contributor forum posts and to weed out the nonsensical.

It would be pleasant to have Dundalk 'Beers' with progressive and critical minded thinkers and 'Can Do' people, rather than have to deal with a less than qualified keyboard jockey continually taking a swipe with rubbish comments and destroying something before it has started.

I am still willing to meet people for a beer , show my face and not cower or cringe in fear behind a keyboard.

BTW , I am a Blue Collar worker .

Geez! I can't see a Beers being much fun with your attitude.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

No need for a beers, I think everyone in this thread has had enough.

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    No need for a beers, I think everyone in this thread has had enough.
    Cheers DA !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement