Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weanling Bulls Selling and prices

• 22-07-2011 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭

Where to sell weanling bulls?

10/11 months old and weighing approx 450kgs.

Both BBx and LMx.

Where would users advise the best mart to sell these bulls in and when would be the best time to sell.

Also what price are these export type Bulls making at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Where are you based is the first question? Cattle seem to be going well in most marts at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭LivInt20

Dozer1 wrote: »
    Where are you based is the first question? Cattle seem to be going well in most marts at the moment

Based in the North West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

LivInt20 wrote: »
    Where to sell weanling bulls?

10/11 months old and weighing approx 450kgs.

Both BBx and LMx.

Where would users advise the best mart to sell these bulls in and when would be the best time to sell.

Also what price are these export type Bulls making at the moment.

600 euro along with thier weights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Based in the North West.

Mohill, Elphin, Ballymote, Carrigallen, Granard, Drumshambo, Dowra.

Any of these near ya?

Prices have been pretty good in all of them for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Surely if you have decnt quality stock you can show them close to home.....too much made out of the hills are greener the farther away they are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

i know i would love to be up that part of the country to try to choose where to go.

reilig wrote: »
    Mohill, Elphin, Ballymote, Carrigallen, Granard, Drumshambo, Dowra.

Any of these near ya?

Prices have been pretty good in all of them for the last few weeks.

yea all near me.

What I'm really looking for is advise as to where is the best mart to achieve the top prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

yea all near me.

What I'm really looking for is advise as to where is the best mart to achieve the top prices?

If we knew that we would all be there, and then there would be too much stock, so price would drop:confused:
    So go to the nearest biggish mart to you.

Report back and tell us how you got on. Then you will have lads on here telling you you would have done better if you had gone to a different mart.:D

Just on the topic of marts, I've a few heifers to go soon but one of them has developed horns since the going out in the spring (she was a bought in animal), they're about 4 inches long, will she get through the mart or will she be rejected?

A neighbour told me that since there are no Dept men at the marts she'd get through fine, that and the fact she's only one tag, but that's in the post already.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Miley2

Cant see the horns being a problem. Bought in a couple of stores this year with horns in Ennis Mart

• Advertisement

Thanks Miley2 that's great saves on getting the vet out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Dozer1 wrote: »
    A neighbour told me that since there are no Dept men at the marts she'd get through fine, that and the fact she's only one tag, but that's in the post already.

It really depends on the size of the horns. doubt they are much if they only appeared since spring. There are Dept officials at most marts for some period of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 yupyupyup

if the horns stick straight out u could get stopped. as someone said here tho it really depends on teh mart and who's takin in the cattle. chance it t fuk tho cos the vets so expensive its worth a try.

also as regards the weanlings is it true that sometimes exporters dont want heavy weanlings, over 450kilos???? although wit beef being so dear now most farmers will b able compete wit the exporters which is a brialliant thing. nice r+, u grade weanlings about 400 kgs shud come into a grand, nothign wrong wit that!!

also as regards the weanlings is it true that sometimes exporters dont want heavy weanlings, over 450kilos???? although wit beef being so dear now most farmers will b able compete wit the exporters which is a brialliant thing. nice r+, u grade weanlings about 400 kgs shud come into a grand, nothign wrong wit that!![/QUOTE]

Anyone out at weanling sales this week?

What prices are good quality lots making?

Any good up coming special weanling sales about the west/northwest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

mountrath tomorrow. one of the best special weanling sales going. full of all the exporters

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lass74

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of bb special sales coming up soon in west/north west

Advertisement