Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

straight through crimp connectors

Options
  • 22-07-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk/products.php?section=4483%22

I need a few of these red and blue straight through crimps in Dublin over the weekend. they are only for low voltage so I'm looking for a place to pick them up tomorrow but i wont make a wholesalers, I've seen them in some cheapo shops but cant remember where.

alternatively does anyone know where to get those pinch connection blocks, I need a 24 pin connector block with the pinch to open and spring close connectors, i've used them before but never bought one, it would be more flexable then crimping all the cables. I need to make up a lead for a PC power supply and need to link in some additonal 12V, 5V and 3.3V supplies from a DC/DC converter. so I need to join up a 20 pin to a 24 pin connector plus two other connections a 2x12V, molex and SATA power connection.

anyone know these connector units, they are not screw in units but they are small enough connections. I'd need it to be tidy as its a small case, otherwise I'll just crimp the whole lot of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

If your around d15 I've quite a few of them splice terminals if you need them.

I think the large pc motherboard connectors are from molex, can be gotten from the likes of farnel. Have a look in maplin, you might be lucky to find a connector with the same pitch that could be pushed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Soldering and small heat shrink is another option, i often do this for similar jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Yea I often do as Robbie says, never had a connection fail on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

If your around d15 I've quite a few of them splice terminals if you need them.

I think the large pc motherboard connectors are from molex, can be gotten from the likes of farnel. Have a look in maplin, you might be lucky to find a connector with the same pitch that could be pushed on.

thanks for the offer lads, the PC connection is not easy to get, I'd have to get two and join them but i dont have room in the case for all the slack,

I'd prefer to crimp the ones with the additional connections

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Even 3 or 4 wires connected together works well with soldering and heat shrink. Twist together and solder in seconds. Neat as well.

Advertisement