Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make for the older woman

• 22-07-2011 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Was doing business with a woman today,mid-late 40's, a professional woman. Her make up though stuck me as being a bit heavy,probably would have been fine on younger skin.

So as someone who has done a Make Up Artistry course,I was wondering how does make up change with age?. A heavy layer looks much better I think on a younger person?. So how generally does appropriate make up change as we age?..does one use less or a different type? and do those treatments to rejuvenate skin,remove wrinkles really work?.

Hope all are enjoying the sun!

F:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

Less is more on older skin.

Good quality base in correct shade is universal mantra no matter what your age. Light application of foundation using a foundation brush. Mascara and little eye liner and eye brow pencil lightly applied and thats it... Little pop of bronzer or blush with no glitter .. and that is all. Oh and a little bit of lip gloss such as Clinique super balm or tinted vaseline such as rosy lips...

I would use 25% of the makeup piled on back in the day. Some days perhaps 10% :);)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My mam is 52, and for work she wears Lancome foundation, a bit of bronzer, neutral eye shadow and some lip stick! Maybe eyeliner on a night out. She never got to grips with the ol mascara so doesn't bother at all!

She only started wearing make up in her late 30s though! Before she took on a new career, she was a stay at home mammy, and previously a chef, not the environments for a full face of make up.

She looks after her skin with mainly Clarins and Clinique products. She's happy enough with them, she keeps buying them anyway! Mainly eye cream, intensive moisturiser and a face wash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Definitely less is best as you get older. There are simply more places for makeup to gather and crease. I speak from experience, I'm 51 :eek:
    I am quite dark skinned so I wear Elf tinted moisturiser during the day with a neutral eyeshadow (mac), eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss. For night time I wear Gosh foundation, powder,blusher and darker eye makeup. I find that I can no longer wear anything shimmery especially eyeshadow. Any tips for older women would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ciarabarry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Walh9bo1XNU

love pixiwoo! they give great advice and are always spot on :)

Advertisement