Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time Lapse of Tall Ships 2011

Options
  • 22-07-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Have you guys seen this, it's a HD time lapse of the Tall Ships 2011 in Waterford.

Captured by local talented photographer Shane O'Neill the time-lapse was narrowed down to 63,219 frames. Shot over 5 days from Wed-Sun it captured the entire festival 24 hrs a day from the roof of Granville Hotel with a fisheye lens to take in the entire Quay. Emmett Cooke is composed original music for it.

http://aspectphotography.net/tall-ships-2011/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

I saw it earlier,it really is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭thatsnotmyname

Very cool!

I love Timelapses
    this is one of the best I have seen
    the fisheye is perfect for it too..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Stunning stuff! Think I saw Kensutz go past in a balloon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Shane's a great guy and talent. This is fantastic work!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Love timelapses, that's on my list of "to-learn/do" things. That's a great one, and a great record to have, and the music is lovely. I wasn't here for this but this has left such an impression on every one here back home in co Waterford, this was the highlight of their summer I'd say. I'm off to share it with all my Waterford Facebook friends, they'll love it :)

edit : I love how you can see the clock turning throughout the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 henna

Awesome.....absolutely awesome.......

A fantastic production from Shane and everyone involved.

Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

He has another one of the ships leaving in passage east,going to put it up in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Stunning stuff! Think I saw Kensutz go past in a balloon!

Yeah that was me. Flew on the Saturday and Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭the_tractor

So much going on - it's great.

Love the tide lifting the boats at night, and the clock spinning all the time too.

Excellent timelapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭irish147

How is this done, did he use the time lapse with software? Not sure if he used canon....

micheal
    So much going on - it's great.

Love the tide lifting the boats at night, and the clock spinning all the time too.

Excellent timelapse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Shane shoots with Nikon gear primarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭musicformedia

He has another one of the ships leaving in passage east,going to put it up in the next week or so.

Hi lads, here is the passage east one now:

http://aspectphotography.net/tall-ships-passage-east/

I wrote the music :)

Cheers

Emmett

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,363 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

can i be the sole voice of dissent and say i lasted about ten seconds watching this?
    i'm sure it's a great technical achievement, but could he not have pointed his camera at something interesting while running through a significant chunk of the rated shutter actuations?

emmett - i watched it on mute, so the above is no reflection on the music!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Very well done!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

crookesa wrote: »
    Captured by local talented photographer Shane O'Neill the time-lapse was narrowed down to 63,219 frames. [/URL]

Very well done and a nice score to it.
    However I cringe at the number of clicks! That's nearly the lifetime of the shutter of an entry level DSLR used in one go. Even using a high end camera rated @ 250k, that's over a quarter gone in one foul swoop.
    Methinks I'd like to be earning something from it and best of luck to Shane if he is.

Advertisement