Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant review

• 22-07-2011 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hey all! Got my grant review application on wednesday stating i was entitled to a grant and had to get a few details filled out. Today i had to go into the SAA to get it stamped, but the woman told me they couldn't stamp it till september 5th, the problem is i need to return it by august 13th. Should i just go back in and tell them that i must have done by then? Would they be more inclined to help out then?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

You should have 2 forms. One will just need you to fill in similar details to your original app ( with the option of changing your circumstances) that is the form you return by august. The second form will have a heading stating "only to be completed by college admin at registration" or something similar. That form is sent separately in sept

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Is the first form you're talking about the pink form? It asks about distance from college, confirming my course, signatures from parents and a few other things etc, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Oh mine wasn't pink but I'm a mature ind so I only need to do my circumstances but the details of distance and course etc were on my first form. If your unsure ring the county or city council but I know I filled out the first one and returned it. I'll get my second one signed at registration and then send that.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Yeah this form has details about course,distance from college,pps number etc i'm an undergrad so it might be slightly different, i'm jusr waiting for a reply from my VEC, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Fraher91

smilerxxx wrote: »
    You should have 2 forms. One will just need you to fill in similar details to your original app ( with the option of changing your circumstances) that is the form you return by august. The second form will have a heading stating "only to be completed by college admin at registration" or something similar. That form is sent separately in sept

I was thinking that too, but until i get clarification off the VEC etc i won't send it off in case i am making a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I had repeats and have to send off my results for confirmation of passing to my grant authority. I just printed out my student transcript if I just send that off is it sufficient? It's just that it looks like a text document which anyone could type up and alter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I had repeats and have to send off my results for confirmation of passing to my grant authority. I just printed out my student transcript if I just send that off is it sufficient? It's just that it looks like a text document which anyone could type up and alter.

That is fine, they will cross reference against the list that they get from the university anyway.

Advertisement