Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Tier 2" Internet service provider

• 22-07-2011 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭

Excuse the Noobness,

but if a Broadband provider says its a "Tier 2" Internet service provider, is that good or bad, and most importantly, would it be better than Three mobile broadband ?

this isp is wireless also.

any help appreciated,cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Excuse the Noobness,

would it be better than Three mobile broadband ?

Some string and two tins cans would be more reliable than 3 mobile data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Chloroplast

HAAAAAAAA good one, :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,448 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Excuse the Noobness,

but if a Broadband provider says its a "Tier 2" Internet service provider, is that good or bad, and most importantly, would it be better than Three mobile broadband ?

this isp is wireless also.

any help appreciated,cheers.

I need a laugh, who is it that's calling themselves a tier 2?

Spear wrote: »
    I need a laugh, who is it that's calling themselves a tier 2?

http://www.carnsorebroadband.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bofh666ie

FWIW, a "Tier 1" service provider is one that connects to other networks solely by peering (ie without paying anyone to carry traffic). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tier_1_network
    A "Tier 2" is a transit network (a network that provides connectivity to other networks) that pays for at least one upstream transit connection.
    "Broadband" providers would usually figure in Tier 4, at best in Tier 3.

• Advertisement

cheers, i think i will be switching. beats the ****e outa three by the sounds of things

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement