Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lemmy The Movie BBC4 9.40

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

BBC 4 is on the Sky planner now btw,channel 230. Set this to Sky+,really looking forward to it.

Nice one Mike.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Good stuff, will save this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Am I the only one seeing a sad old man living in a kip with a fúcked up relationship with his son?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ha! Lemmy doesn't live in a kip, he lives on the road, in studios and in the Sunset Bar. The flat is just a place to store stuff.

I've no doubt some would find his life very "narrow" but its his life and most of the time he is too busy to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Missed it:mad:
    Hopefully they will repeat it ( BBC4 usually does).
    Hawkwind documentary now.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Kinda sad documentary, didn't paint the life of a rock and roll legend in a good light seemed more depressing than good fun though I was really incapacitated at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

I enjoyed it,shows that he is a pure music head and not into the merchandise
    and limelight of regular music celebs.Its the Coca Cola that will kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭dasdog

Indeed, I hope it's diet coke he's drinking. I saw this a few weeks ago and it put a smile on my face. He's some character.

The Hawkwind documentary is hilarious, I've seen it a few times. Space Ritual must have been some tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

theparish wrote: »
    ,shows that he is a pure music head and not into the merchandise and limelight of regular music celebs..

... eh, he flogs beer ....

I thought it was an OK documentary .. although the makers weren't in the same league as the guys who did Rush's "Beyond The Lighted Stage" , Maiden's "Flight 666" and "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" ...

... I thought the relationship with his son was depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

dasdog wrote: »
    Indeed, I hope it's diet coke he's drinking.
    I'm watching this now - nope, it looks like the real thing, on top of the diabetes. But there's more Jack Daniels in the glass than Coca-Cola, so that's OK then.

I'm at the part where his son recalls Lemmy telling him "don't do Coke (cocaine) ... do Speed, it's much better for you"!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
Advertisement