Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Region DVD players in the town

Options
  • 22-07-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can buy one of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

WHAT TOWN ?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Good question southlouth, I was initially talking about Dundalk but Drogheda is fine also.

Jam

I am no expert but i think all dvd players are pretty much multi region these days tbh . I got one in harvey norman a while ago ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

you can buy normal dvd player and get code off net to unlock it. It voids warranty. I did it with a philips about a year and a half ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

you can buy normal dvd player and get code off net to unlock it. It voids warranty. I did it with a philips about a year and a half ago.

Yeah I've a got a sony blu ray S360 and found a code for it online but its only for use with a ''one for all'' remote control. dont have on of those.

Southlouth does your dvd player play region 1 american dvds?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yeah I've a got a sony blu ray S360 and found a code for it online but its only for use with a ''one for all'' remote control. dont have on of those.

Thats the only way I know other than modding the player, sony ones ain't easy to fiddle with.

Anyway did you try Argos??? I know my alba one was region free once I used a code on it , paid 25 euro for it in argos 2 or 3 years back. Nothing fancy about it. At least you can got to the argos site see what they have and for how much and then put them into google and see if they are region free or can be made region free via a code?

It does mate . its an cheap alba player that i bought in harvey normans i think !

Advertisement